Media in and iphone five

Spoony

Hi guys, long time lurker but rarely post, but the time has come now I'm stumped. I've had my 2009 Leon since about 2010 and recently got an iphone 5.

It has the aux in below the stereo in the centre console, I have the Y cable with apply 30 pin connector on the end to go in to the usb and aux jack slots to connect the ipod to the stereo.

I bought the apple 30pin to lightning adaptor but it won't play music through the stereo this way.

Is there a way to get the lightning cable apple gear working this way or am I at a total loss?

Cheers

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do I have this right? Your trying to get audio to play just through the usb cable connection to your iPhone without using the aux cable?

I do know that some of the adapters from the big charger to the iPhone 5 lightning socket do not pass audio though so it may be worth googling the ones that do, obviously the apple one which costs around £25 works...

Could that be the issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spoony

Sorry I guess I wasn't being hugely clear, been a long week in work and it's only Tuesday.

I have the genuine SEAT cable to link it to the media interface and stereo (has a usb and audio jack 1 end and ipod connector the other). Which has the old style ipod connector so I bought the adaptor cable.

I can't post pics as I haven't got 15 posts

It however says that the accessory is not supported and won't play music through the stereo whilst connecting through the media interface. It will however charge the iphone. It is a 5s.

Has anyone got it working successfully?

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.