Media system 2.2 broken!

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
wee issue with my media system this morning, no control from the steering wheel buttons, no radio station presets, can't reprogramme the presets, no volume control on the unit itself and completely ignores you when you shout at it[:@]. I used the settings menu to restore it to factory and and now the volume is stuck at 14 and still plays dead.

any ideas people? anyone had similar issues? this is the first problem i've had with this car, hopefully its not a big one!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
If that was me with my RCD510 I would take the unit out with the battery still attached and leave the unit out for abit and then put it all back...

But then I don't do alot of things like this so it probably has some draw backs lol

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Does it look like this?

leon_highlights_06.jpg

Would it be a similar removal like I did for my unit?

Guide

That is the guide I used....

Cheers

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I had a similar problem on my Media System (2.1) and ended up with a replacement unit under warrenty (they gave me the 2.2 version so I can input post codes - win win!).

You must still be under warranty with the 2.2? My car is out on the 27th Jan.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
I had a similar problem on my Media System (2.1) and ended up with a replacement unit under warrenty (they gave me the 2.2 version so I can input post codes - win win!).

You must still be under warranty with the 2.2? My car is out on the 27th Jan.

I had the same, did you get them to code it in properly so you can view everything via the MFD ?

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
Nope my cars almost a year out of warranty now, first mot in February. Will try resetting it tonight if that's doesn't work then ill have to investigate a replacement aftermarket one.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Just pull it out and see what happens when you plug it back in. If its properly b0rked then you'd probably still get some money for it on ebay anyway, replacement screens are £100 upwards so if yours is working its worth something in that region.

mccracd

Sep 3, 2011
Belfast, n.ireland
When i got out of work I apologised for all the nasty things I said this morning and I seem to have been forgiven. Honestly still no idea what went wrong

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I had the same, did you get them to code it in properly so you can view everything via the MFD ?

Hi mate, MFD - that's the display next to the rev counter right? - I think it's working fine, shows the same information as it did with the old 2.1 system. Am I missing more info?

One thing it doesn't do is show objects when reversing with the parking sensors, thought I'd get an overview display of the car.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Hi mate, MFD - that's the display next to the rev counter right? - I think it's working fine, shows the same information as it did with the old 2.1 system. Am I missing more info?

One thing it doesn't do is show objects when reversing with the parking sensors, thought I'd get an overview display of the car.

Optical park display is only when you have front and rear sensors

What i was talking about the MFD is that you should be able to see phone information such as signal strength and be able to access your phone book via the screen and on the head unit