Meguiars NXT 2.0 liquid v's paste

FinerDetails

Official SCN Supporter
I've had the honour of being to play and trial both of the NXT latest 2.0 waxes.

NXTtesting.jpg

Both smell and feel as good as the previous version. The paste tin is huge, and the lid houses a plastic cover for the applictor pad (great idea and works so well too).

So, no point having these waxes if you dont play around with them. I have been using both waxes here and there, just to really get the hang of them before todays big testing.

Liquid: (carbon black M3)

IMG_3637.jpg

Paste: (carbon black 5 series)

NXTtesting1.jpg

Today's test was a little more even than thos above, even tho they are the same colour too. Two cars, same house hold, same colour. Both cars had both waxes applied to them. Paste on passenger side, liquid on drivers.

Paste: A very dense wax IMHO, goes on too heavy if you are not careful. With a loaded pad, you only need dab the tin lightly for more wax. Application is relatively easy, and a little goes an extremely long way. Buff of is medium pressure and brisk.

Liquid: Appears much lighter in feel for application. Easier to apply and create even coverage, altho I useage is higher. Buff off is light pressure, more of a slow wipe than a buff.

The cars:

Subaru - mainly town driving, but high useage.

NXTtesting6.jpg

NXTtesting8.jpg

NXTtesting9.jpg

XW Sharan - even town-motorway split, but high motorway miles (continent trips)

NXTtesting18.jpg

NXTtesting17.jpg

so lets see how the waxes fair in the two cars, and how durability holds in the two conditions of town or motorway.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Its good to investigate long term effectiveness but what about the initial shine which one outshines the other from first impressions.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.