Menu for Digital Cockpit missing on 6.5" Infotainment

Sep 25, 2020
Hey everyone, I got my Ibiza FR last year in july, with the 6.5" Infotainment System (the one with physical buttons on the side) and the Digital Cockpit. Now I know there's supposed to be a Menu in Menu > Vehicle > Instrument Cluster where you can change the information that's shown in the digital cockpit. Now the thing is, the menu isn't there. We told Seat, they said they'd look into it and after roughly 2 months we finally got the answer that the smaller Infotainment system doesn't have this menu, only the bigger one does. I don't fully believe them, as the bigger Infotainment is basically running the same software as the smaller one, and i also saw a video of someone with the same Infotainment system who had that menu. Not to forget that i still paid the same price for the digital cockpit but I'm getting fewer features, which seems a little unfair to me...
Can anyone who has the same Infotainment system and Digital Cockpit as me confirm if they have the menu or not? Or does anyone know if that menu can be activated afterwards through some coding or whatever?
I did see this post once: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/digital-cockpit-mods.449408/post-4930330 and also replied asking if that coding would work for the ibiza with the 6.5" Infotainment, but i didn't get an answer unfortunately

Last edited:

RoadRunnerRik

Dec 9, 2017
I had the same ‘issue’ as you. We have a Ibiza FR 1.0 TSI from 2020 with virtual cockpit and the basic 6.5” media unit / Infotainment. Except for the ‘view’ button on the steering wheel, we can’t change the dials’. The settings where you’re looking for are turned off by the manufactory.

However I've found the solution which is working but not for 100%. Perhaps that's the reason that is normally turned off. You need VCDS or VCP (maybe OBD11) to activate the settings on your media system.

Module 5F -> Adaptations
Search for:
- Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation display_configuration_0x45 and set it on activated.
- Car function adaptations gen2 menu display display configuration and set it on activated.

When both codings were accepted, reboot the media unit by pressing the power button for +/- 15sec. After that turn off and on the ignition.

Now, when you press multiple times the ‘car’ button to changing the screen on the media unit, you get one screen to change the centre of the dials of the virtual cockpit.

And now the part that’s it not working for 100%. You can change the left dial with no problems, however the right dial has some hiccups. If you want to change the right dial, set the left dial on the view what you want to have on the right dial. Now you change the right dial and it copies the left dial. After setting the right dial you can change without problems the left dial.

Unfortunately I'm unable to upload two videos to the forum database of the working dials.
IMG_20210317_121108.jpg

Reactions: Desire red and Tell
Sep 25, 2020
I had the same ‘issue’ as you. We have a Ibiza FR 1.0 TSI from 2020 with virtual cockpit and the basic 6.5” media unit / Infotainment. Except for the ‘view’ button on the steering wheel, we can’t change the dials’. The settings where you’re looking for are turned off by the manufactory.

However I've found the solution which is working but not for 100%. Perhaps that's the reason that is normally turned off. You need VCDS or VCP (maybe OBD11) to activate the settings on your media system.

Module 5F -> Adaptations
Search for:
- Vehicle function list BAP 2nd generation display_configuration_0x45 and set it on activated.
- Car function adaptations gen2 menu display display configuration and set it on activated.

When both codings were accepted, reboot the media unit by pressing the power button for +/- 15sec. After that turn off and on the ignition.

Now, when you press multiple times the ‘car’ button to changing the screen on the media unit, you get one screen to change the centre of the dials of the virtual cockpit.

And now the part that’s it not working for 100%. You can change the left dial with no problems, however the right dial has some hiccups. If you want to change the right dial, set the left dial on the view what you want to have on the right dial. Now you change the right dial and it copies the left dial. After setting the right dial you can change without problems the left dial.

Unfortunately I'm unable to upload two videos to the forum database of the working dials.
View attachment 22836
Wow thank you so much, you're the first person i found that had the same problem as me! I'm definitely gonna try this!

Sep 22, 2021
I did this coding but unfortunately I have it written that the feature is not available

I changed analog clocks in Virtual, can someone help me?

Attachments

• AD40A9F4-4C8D-46C6-8FEB-E80297567CA2.jpeg
    AD40A9F4-4C8D-46C6-8FEB-E80297567CA2.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 190
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise