Metal Impeller Water Pump?

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Just for all your information....

I had an interesting conversation with a main dealer in my area regarding the service where the cambelt/waterpump are changed...... he reliably informed me that the waterpump is usually only 'checked' not replaced..... hmmmmm.......

Something to bear in mind perhaps.

TimJK

Audi Techie
Jan 10, 2009
Norwich
www.eacruise.co.uk
Yep you are correct we only replace it if it needs doing or the custommers has asked for it to be replaced. But we only use genuine ones which are plastic so there is no advantage replacing a plastic one that is working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Phoenix27 wrote

Just for all your information....

I had an interesting conversation with a main dealer in my area regarding the service where the cambelt/waterpump are changed...... he reliably informed me that the waterpump is usually only 'checked' not replaced..... hmmmmm.......

Something to bear in mind perhaps.

That's what I'd expect, the waterpump is not a service item and would never normally be changed at a service interval.

It's only because we (on the forum) know from reports here and elsewhere that there is an issue with some plastic-bladed pumps failing that we recommend that the pump be changed for a metal-bladed one when the cambelt is changed. The difference is only the cost of the pump, £30 or so, if done at the same time as the cambelt: otherwise it's the same amount of labour all over again, probably £200 or more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.