Metal panel behind door card!!

Tam_171190

Hello,
Today when I tried to put my passenger side window down all I could hear was a crunching noise! So when I removed the door card I seen that the cable on the motor was broken:cry:!! Basically I need to know how to get the metal inner panel off of the door, I have took out all the bolts but it still seems to be catching. Did a search on the site and couldn't find out how to do it. Would really appreciate some help.

Cheers
Tam

Jan 11, 2005
Barnsley
I think the lock mechanism is part of the assembly (it is on other VAGs). M8 multispline was required on a passat that I recently repaired

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
First of all you need to secure the glass with some duct tape and get it out of the plastic sockets of the crane. After that you have to take out the doorlook mechanism, you need a triplesquare key. This is because the window crane and the doorlook mechanism are both attached to that metal panel you need to take out.

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
Hello,
Today when I tried to put my passenger side window down all I could hear was a crunching noise! So when I removed the door card I seen that the cable on the motor was broken:cry:!! Basically I need to know how to get the metal inner panel off of the door, I have took out all the bolts but it still seems to be catching. Did a search on the site and couldn't find out how to do it. Would really appreciate some help.

Cheers
Tam

and on ebay you can get a repair kits, alot cheaper then any where else