Millers CFS 10w40

Hi All,

been looking at a few posts here and there relating to Millers CFS 10w40 on the net, regarding it as a good choice for fast road and track day use and also for engines with higher mileage.

Its obviously a slightly thicker grade than 5w40 and many users have mentioned noticing less mechanical engine noise, I tend to drive my car hard once warmed up at times and plan to do a few track days, i change it every 3000 miles without fail and currently have 50.000 on a 1.8t Cupra 180 with a revo stage 1

Your views please guys? should i just stick with CFS 5w40??:confused:

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
dont you mean 5w30 vag 504/507 over 5w40? to me recommendations are made for a reason. thinner viscosity may be for thinner oil channels and improved turbo longevity

Millers state to use Motorsport grade CFS 5w40 for fast road track use rather than 5w30 it still has all vag parametres, I only drive my car at evenings and weekends and dont clock up many miles over a series of months so that combined with spirited driving at times but of course warming up and down thats why i change at this interval i can not understand why people feel comfortable leaving oil for 10.000 miles yeah thats the mileage but its not taking into account the amount of cold starts hot weather sitting in traffic thats a hell of a long time for the same volume of oil to be circulated round an engine getting pounded and heated and cooled over and over! at the end of the day oil is the life blood of your engine you may not experience any problems but engine wear is something you cant see and anyway whats the harm in doing it frequently especially on a turbocharged car where the need for top grade top nick oil which is required to keep turbo bearings healthy too, people spend more time cleaning and polishing it seems than being a bit smart and thinking ive got £50 and jacking the car up and changing the oil 2-3 times a year and keep everything sweet! if you dont have the facility to change oil which i doubt, one bolt and a tray to catch the oil! then it could be costly to pay someone but i do all my work myself saves a fortune! making friends with a mechanic at a vag dealer helps too for the bigger jobs, try wondering round the back of a dealership on a sunny day when the doors are up, i garantee there will be at least a handful of guys up for some cash in hand work, i did hes been my right hand man for years now! not what you know people!:D cambelt for £140 fitted cheers mate! £400 sod off!

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise