Milltek high flow cat

stevecupra

Apr 4, 2005
Derby
Hi,
Does anyone know how much difference a high flow cat will make to the performace of my car power and volume wise? It is a Revo`d 20vt with a Milltek cat back system.

Steve

Triple D

Yep it will make a difference, throttle responce will be better, exhaust note will be better and it should make it slightly quicker.

gazjones

made big difference on my 20vt and boosted 2 psi more with revo stage one

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Wont it be even more beneficial to then upgrade to the Revo Stg 2 after fitting the uprated exhaust?

p1tse

Dec 1, 2004
what's these Cells you talk about?

is it like the filtration rate. i.e. std oem filters more like 600 Cels and sports is like 200 Cels?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
p1tse wrote

what's these Cells you talk about?

See my reply to your "sports cat" thread for details. 200-cell is sloppy shorthand for 200 cells per square inch (in the catalyst's honeycomb construction), much less than the factory-fitted cat (which have maybe 500) so each cell is a bigger bore.

is it like the filtration rate. i.e. std oem filters more like 600 Cels and sports is like 200 Cels?

I've never come across that term before, the only use of cel I know of is in hand-drawn animation. But in general terms, a catalytic converter is not a filter, so filtration terms are not useful in characterising it.

stevecupra

Apr 4, 2005
Derby
ok, was thinking of going to revo stage 2 after having the 4 bar fpr done as well. Anyone any idea on cost for the cat and the fpr?

Steve

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.