Mirror Link Activation

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
So i picked up my leon fr sc from the dealer on the weekend. Its got 2016 spec so 6.5 inch display. Full link shows as an option on the menu but when clicked it says it needs to be activated. If i go to the dealer how much will it cost ?

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
i guess its because mirror link is software developed by a third party company and not by the vw group. Guess they gotta get paid too haha. Any dealer will be able to activate this then i assume ?

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
Did you order the car with Full Link?

If not, and it seems like it's an activation job, would be interesting to see if it can be done and at what cost. Dealers I've spoken to have said it can't be added/enabled on MY16 if it wasn't ordered from new. Took that with a pinch of salt...

My new ST Cupra has it, will be playing with it as soon as Seat/dealer pull their finger out and get it out from the docks...!

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
From what i was reading. Previous spec didnt have the full link on the headunit. so hardware wasnt available. but the my16 spec 6.5 inch has the option available. it just says i need to contact my dealer to activate so i think i should be able to sort something out. im gonna try and call later. ill post my findings :)

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
just called up to seat directly. They told me it has to be added to the car at point of sale and cannot be retrofitted after even with the new unit that has the hardware inbuilt. seems a bit silly to me but hey. what can you do :(

yellowcone87

Mar 9, 2014
Warwickshire
just called up to seat directly. They told me it has to be added to the car at point of sale and cannot be retrofitted after even with the new unit that has the hardware inbuilt. seems a bit silly to me but hey. what can you do :(

That sounds to me very much like what they were really saying is 'it's possible, but much like the mapcare updates offered throughout much of Europe, we've decided not to offer that particular option in the UK'.

Seat UK seem to care about 'point of sale' only. Once you have it, they couldn't really care less what you want to do with it.

Last edited:

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
dosent happen on mine. using the usb in the centre in front of the gear stick. i refuse to believe there is no way around this. its just silly

chumly

Aug 21, 2010
I've just been told the same, seems stupid to me that it can't be retro-enabled. Surely it's something that only needs to be enabled by a software update.

dr_robert

Apr 21, 2015
Its annoying if retro fit isnt available. When I ordered I had no idea that this was even an option (mirror-link that is) as I was in that limbo ordering point between MY15 and MY16 models.

Surely this must be possible with a software update?

ChrisLDN1

Jul 1, 2015
Basically you connect your phone and it mirrors your phone screen on the car display. allowing you to use certian apps throuh the car. its really cool. check some youtube videos of it

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Basically you connect your phone and it mirrors your phone screen on the car display. allowing you to use certian apps throuh the car. its really cool. check some youtube videos of it

Cool thanks I will :)

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Really glad I ordered it with mine :) Hurry up SEAT and build my feckin car!

nimdy

Jun 10, 2015
A bit annoying that this feature isn't standard on all Android phones. I'm getting my Leon 5dr FR in a few weeks and have added the full link option as I'm interested in the Android Auto feature. I currently use Waze on a Google Nexus 5, so my options when I get the new wheels is either to use Google Maps via Android Auto, or buy a new phone that has Mirrorlink so I can use Waze and beam my screen to the dash. I'm hoping Google eventually add Waze to the list of navigation apps on Android Auto.

Famandy1

Feb 20, 2015
North Yorkshire
A bit annoying that this feature isn't standard on all Android phones. I'm getting my Leon 5dr FR in a few weeks and have added the full link option as I'm interested in the Android Auto feature. I currently use Waze on a Google Nexus 5, so my options when I get the new wheels is either to use Google Maps via Android Auto, or buy a new phone that has Mirrorlink so I can use Waze and beam my screen to the dash. I'm hoping Google eventually add Waze to the list of navigation apps on Android Auto.

Yes I agree I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which isn't Mirrorlink compatible - I have MY15 Nav high which has Mirrorlink, but not Full Link which adds Android Auto and Apple Car Play - all very confusing! Trying to find a colleague with a Mirrorlink compatible phone to see how it actually works! Anyone actually used Mirrorlink yet?

twitchynik

Sep 12, 2006
FYI, you may already know this, 3rd party navigation apps on Apple iOS (such as Waze and Google Maps) won't work on Apple Car Play - only Apple Maps. A tad annoying as Waze is great for speed cameras and traffic alerts.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.