Mirrors have stopped folding

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Hi all, my folding mirrors have suddenly stopped working properly.

To fold in the mirrors when parked I used to hold the lock button and the mirrors would fold after 2 or 3 seconds.

Now holding the lock button just locks the car. It doesn't fold the mirrors.

However, I can manually move the mirrors in by toggling the L R switch to fold. So the mechanism is definitely working.

Any ideas?

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Try holding unlock for 10 seconds then lock for 10 seconds and see if it will follow it's normal pattern if not the key may have dropped it's programming

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
I seem to remember there being an "auto folding" option in the Mirrors setting in the Car Setup menu. You could check to see if it is still enabled.

Last edited:

Scarabeo

May 27, 2014
Sunderland
Seat had my car for 2 weeks as they didnt do this from the start. The UK couldnt sort it, so the factory software guys had to write a specific programme to do this action.
Not saying that this is your issue, but there is a problem within the software for mirrors.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Just to confirm:

'Fold in when parked' is selected in the menu.

This has only just started happening. I've done 10k in the car. It's very strange. I've got the car in with Seat tomorrow for another thing so I'll raise it with them.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I didn't even know this was a feature. Is it on the Fr aswell? What's the process? I'll check to see if mine do it

StevenM

Apr 2, 2013
Let us know how you get on. I'm not sure that my order of doing it is entirely correct and it took me a couple of attempts before it worked, but it has been fine ever since.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Let us know how you get on. I'm not sure that my order of doing it is entirely correct and it took me a couple of attempts before it worked, but it has been fine ever since.

Sent from my piece of shite iPhone - according to Muz.

So I gave resetting the windows a try this morning but it didn't do anything.

Here's the orders I did it in (your process was followed for all of them):

Driver - passenger - rear right - rear left / no affect.

Driver - passenger - rear left - rear right / no affect.

Passenger - driver - rear right - rear left / no affect.

Passenger - driver - rear left - rear right / no affect.

On another note, my mate's Golf GTI MK7 folds its mirrors automatically when you lock the car - you don't have to hold the button down at all. Did Seat cheap out on this feature?

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Can anybody else offer some advice please? I've attempted resetting the windows multiple times now to no avail and I've held down the lock and unlock button on the key fob for 10 seconds numerous times to reset the key (if that's even possible).

I want to sort this out myself rather than rely on my dealer to take forever booking me in.

ALSO - I have just remembered something: My mirrors only stopped folding AFTER I got a TPMS alert for a sudden loss of pressure the other night. I didn't have a flat though :D

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
On another note, my mate's Golf GTI MK7 folds its mirrors automatically when you lock the car - you don't have to hold the button down at all. Did Seat cheap out on this feature?

This can be done with VCDS.

Last edited:

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
Had a vehicle in today with the same issue after a flat battery Resetting the windows fixed the issue Could try disconnecting the battery for ~2 mins then resetting anti trap and testing the mirrors again.

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Had a vehicle in today with the same issue after a flat battery Resetting the windows fixed the issue Could try disconnecting the battery for ~2 mins then resetting anti trap and testing the mirrors again.

Hi mate, thanks for the info, could you elaborate on resetting the windows? Is there a particular order to go in with the windows? How do I know when a window has reset? Thanks!

JamieLittwin

0-60 In Sparrows Cough
Mar 2, 2015
Only advice I can offer is try resetting the windows again, do they go up when they're down as you hold the fob still? My wind deflectors caused an issue with the anti trap and although you couldn't tell anything was wrong I slowly worked it out and it was the wind deflectors causing trouble. Since I have used number plate tape cut thinly to make sure they're cemented in both front and back. I would say try putting your windows up with the key, that should indicate whether it's the key or car. Also, try resetting your head unit back to factory settings.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.