Misbehaving Parking Sensor

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
Hi there,

It looks like one of the front parking sensors became ultrasensitive after, I believe, it was hit by a stone as some paint came off. It's really annoying as it now starts to beep even if I am three metres behind somebody.

Is there anything I can do other than taking it to the dealer or some other garage and pay a little fortune as they're not cheap and the car is now out of warranty?

Thanks.

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
It should be a case of removing front bumper. I expect you can pick up a new seat sensor on the Web. If your feeling brave...

Archz0r

Nov 11, 2016
Does it happen with all cars? My parking sensors on the front looked like they were going off at random, but it appeared it only happens behind Renault cars. It seems the frequency of the parking sensors cause interference....

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Hi there,

It looks like one of the front parking sensors became ultrasensitive after, I believe, it was hit by a stone as some paint came off. It's really annoying as it now starts to beep even if I am three metres behind somebody.

Is there anything I can do other than taking it to the dealer or some other garage and pay a little fortune as they're not cheap and the car is now out of warranty?

Thanks.

Yep very easy to change, the hardest bit is removing the front bumper, but there is a guide and a video on here that another member did.
As for the sensor, they are made by cobra, and you can find them easily on line for sale individually as they are fitted to quite a few different cars

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Does it happen with all cars? My parking sensors on the front looked like they were going off at random, but it appeared it only happens behind Renault cars. It seems the frequency of the parking sensors cause interference....

my front sensors always go nuts when a ford is infront, got seat dealer to check the senor calibration and they didn't see any issues :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise