missfire on tickover

20 valve ted

boorrrrm ttsssshhhh
Jul 22, 2007
huddersfield
The problem im having is random missfires on all cylinders but only on tick over runs fine apart from that. ive just changed plugs because i was told it could be that but when iv just run the engine again have noticed small flames coming out of the seats when each cylinder missfires. could it be the o rings on the injectors leaking or would the missfire make it do this?

my car has been off the road for a while and ive changed injector seats and polished inlet whilst it was off the road. the seats i have now are white, not sure if this makes a differance.

any help would be great

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Is this since you've refitted the seats and have you had the inlet mani off for polishing? When I put mine back together after having the rocker cover, charge pipe and inlet mani sprayed I had multiple misfires that I couldn't pinpoint.

After going over every connector/seal thoroughly it sorted itself out though. Might be worth VAG COM to see if that gives you any clues although it didn't help me out - I'd just be going over everything with a fine tooth combe to make sure everything is seated correctly.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
You could also try spraying something around each injector while it's running to see if there's a leak on the O-rings? When I bought replacement OE injector seats these were white so as long as you bought them from a main dealer they will be fine.

20 valve ted

boorrrrm ttsssshhhh
Jul 22, 2007
huddersfield
I did take the inlet off to polish but dont think that is the prob. And the seats are from main dealer, ive read somewhere that you should have 2 o rings on the injectors mine has 1 if anyone could tell me how many i need il get some ordered. When i changed the plugs there was some oil on one of the coils so thinkin i need to change rocker cover gasket but would this cause the missfire?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.