Mk 2 Exhaust issue.

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
Hi all, I've got a mk 2 1.4 ibiza and mot time is coming up fast. A fair few holes have developed in the centre section. As my mot is really soon I've got a new standard centre section on the way to just get me through my mot but I'm really after a performance exhaust system. I was intending on having the magnex system of my dads gti, but I can't get hold of a reducer that will do the big difference in diameter. So I'm after suggestions for exhausts that I can get to fit on my car. I understand that the performance gains will be minimal but I just want the car to have a bit of a rumble instead of sounding electric. Also, I don't mind the mk 3 20vt system but not massively keen.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
seen bought and used multi reducers no worries to do just that, mind you we did weld them together at the time,either that or use a couple and trim back the central pipe to make room for them

at the least it's worth a measure to check but you'll have the same issue on a 20vt system as it's the same bore size

your 1.4 is approx 42mm outer and the gti is 55.5mm at most (50 on 8v iirc) so if you go from outside of yours to the inside of the new one that will save one step at least and most exhausts are 1.5mm thick

example

42mm inside ------------> 52mm outer

measure them both to be exact mind but should be easy enough as i can get from 45-65mm in 3 steps here

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.