Mk1 LCR frenzy in Aberystwyth

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
On my 3 hour drive to Tesco Aberystwyth this morning in my wagon spotted 3 mk1 Cupra R’s. Or one of them maybe FR+, but still.
The first a black one, I see this one every time I pass as it’s sat inside a showroom on the way in to Aberystwyth on the A44.
Then, as the mornings are getting lighter now I spied the front end of a yellow one parked outside a house a couple of streets back off the main road ( the joys of being high up in a truck) then a red one passed me going the opposite direction.
Back to the black one in the showroom.
Don’t know if anyone lives or passes the A44 going into Aberystwyth ( amazing road and views by the way) but it’s called express service station and the sign outside says Seat Specilists. No where to park an artic really or else I’d pop in and have a closer look.
I googled the garage name a while ago to see if it was still open cause the car seems to have a layer of dust on it and doesn’t seem to move. It has silver mirror caps which is what makes me think it may be an FR+ but they could have been changed. Appears garage is still open.
I have promised myself a drive over to Aberystwyth in my car one day as I’ve only ever been in my truck but these roads need to be experienced in a car.
I’ve been saying it for the last 7 years since I’ve been delivering to Tesco Aberystwyth but this year I will definitely do it and stop by the garage and have a closer look.
Nice to see a couple out in the wild too. :cool:
Oh also saw a red one yesterday parked up in fleetwood.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.