Mk1 Leon cupra, emissions help

Aaron9689

Jul 2, 2018
Hiya everyone, i am in a bit of a pickle. I have a Leon cupra 1.8t that has a few mods on it. It has silicone boost hoses, oversized intake pipe, full custom 2.5 exhaust system, custom 3 inch downpipe and sports cat, and a remap. It keeps failing the mot on emissions, its the fast idle the co readings that fail. I was advised to put my standard cat and down pipe back on by the mot centre as they thought my sports cat had gone bad. So that’s what I did but you guessed it the readings were the same still failed. They’re now trying to say both cats are bad, they have actually said they want nothing to do with it cos it takes too much time to keep testing the emissions. its been on vag com no codes present or stored. Have they got a point but surely both cats wont have gone bad the standard downpipe had a brand new cat put on it not 6 months ago. Could it possibly be the map on the car or could it be the oversized intake pipe causing this. I’m stumped, does it need data logging and adjusting the map. Please help I’m slowing losing the love for this car .

Dazzalcr

Aug 10, 2019
I will bet your sports cat is fine, as im stage 2 and have all the same as you and mine is the same but he plays around with pedal to get the right rpm as he calls it the happy place, he has time to do it but admits most dont or can't be arsed messing with it so it passes as it will, he said sport cats are all the same a bloody nightmare lol. Think you need a new bloke with patience bud.

Aaron9689

Jul 2, 2018
I will bet your sports cat is fine, as im stage 2 and have all the same as you and mine is the same but he plays around with pedal to get the right rpm as he calls it the happy place, he has time to do it but admits most dont or can't be arsed messing with it so it passes as it will, he said sport cats are all the same a bloody nightmare lol. Think you need a new bloke with patience bud.
Thanks for the reply dude, the car runs lovely. That’s why I was confused no smoke no error codes. It’s just trying to find someone with the patience to do it that’s what I’m struggling with.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
With the cats in general but especially sports cats. They work best once hot.
A good thrash before or a hard core revving session prior to your exhaust being Sodomised by the probe gets you the best result possible.
Again it needs someone who understands and is willing to help out.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Rich76

Dec 22, 2019
With the cats in general but especially sports cats. They work best once hot.
A good thrash before or a hard core revving session prior to your exhaust being Sodomised by the probe gets you the best result possible.
Again it needs someone who understands and is willing to help out.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
Yes, you need to find a better garage. The one I used for years would try and try again to get a car to pass the test, if it didn't they would tell me to put injector cleaner in the engine, take the car down the motorway and bring it back while the engine was still red hot. that usually worked.The garage I use now is even friendlier, I don't wory about failing any more!

Aaron9689

Jul 2, 2018
Thanks for all the help guys I finally found a friendly tester who actually took time to test the car, he said the other place was probably just trying to make me pay for a cat. The old girl has now got a full mot with no advisories and flew through the emissions test with ease.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.