Mk1 Leon fr things to do

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Makes me laugh when they say "woman owner" like it's a good selling point. For all we know she might of had 5 cats and been a chain smoker lol
Let's not forget the fact most woman can't drive for **** so the clutch & gearbox are likely hanging on for dear life.
Not to mention every single alloy wheel curbed to oblivion!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
That’s the one I have been talking too about a swap but he’s not getting back in touch so I may have to ring him I think he’s like I’m not going to travel all that way to do the swap but I don’t care about the travelling that distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Let's not forget the fact most woman can't drive for **** so the clutch & gearbox are likely hanging on for dear life.
Not to mention every single alloy wheel curbed to oblivion!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Lol I slightly disagree with that as my wife has had a fiesta 1.6tdi with a dpf and only does short Journeys and in the 3 years she has had it no dpf faults I think she only does 3k a year in it

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Lol I slightly disagree with that as my wife has had a fiesta 1.6tdi with a dpf and only does short Journeys and in the 3 years she has had it no dpf faults I think she only does 3k a year in it

Can relate to both statements tbh but shouldn't be a factor in this day and age tut tut lol

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Still not a problem for me as you know as I work in the trade I’m more thinking about the poor handbrake if one or both are sticking and it’s a long journey to travel with them sticking

Reactions: bigT's lcr

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
But honestly the amount of dead clutches and gear boxs we get from female drivers... plus side i got a starter motor that should fit mine of a seat
Still not a problem for me as you know as I work in the trade I’m more thinking about the poor handbrake if one or both are sticking and it’s a long journey to travel with them sticking

In that case You'll REALLY see the "excellent" cupra R mpg's lol

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Well got a couple off things todo just down to age and my age lol and been a bit forgetful
New wiper mech as on one off the very cold frozen mornings forgot to check the wipers where off before starting the car to defrost or did not lift the front wipers off the screen so started the car wipers switched on and frozen to screen so the arms would not move and the mech did so that broken to a deg that if any build up off snow moves the arms or stops one from working and the other one work and hit and tangle up
A rear brake pipe to replace
Rear brake carrier pads shims one side has gone walkies so got horn sound when reversing and brakes are wet
Front antiroll Bar d bushes need replacing
Fan motor for the heater whining on low speed and first start up but I do have one to go in
A wiring harness replacement in the boot the black block that has the wires for the boot light as some have corrosion has broken a few wires so need both sides off the block and a good length off wires each side to splice into my loom
That’s about it for now
It’s staying dry inside the car for now so fixes on doors has worked for now

Reactions: Maypack

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Well I have no heating in the car now fan has been making a noise on low speed and when first started
I have a spare fan
It may need a heater resister I will try and find out tomorrow if I have time after work

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.