mk1 spark plug wires on mk2?

robreidmotors

RobReid
May 10, 2008
Lancashire
Should work if they are similar engine size. I think they are usually 7mm?

I think i got all my leads and ignition stuff from AVS, very cheap and all BERU. Really smooth running after that and you cant argue with the price, really impressed. www.vwspares.co.uk

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
depends what you mean by mk1 (upto 92) as they were all fiat based cars so doubtful

mk2 (93-) + facelift (96-) mechanically you shouldn't have issues swapping them over as the 1.0/1.3/1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 8V are all useable as they are all to look out the same style block/dizzy layout

only the 16v's have a different set

for what they cost roughly £20 and sounds like you need some for a problem i'd suggest getting new

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
thanks I need to know because it seems I've an igniton problem, like I'm firing only 3 of 4 cilinders. I tried changing spark plugs but I still have the problem, can't find any cheap spark plug wires set here and I'm not even sure that is the solution so before spending money I wanted to try a set from a breaker. The mk1 I've found is the one with Porsche ignition sistem so I don't think it will work.
I've found also this

http://cgi.ebay.it/Ricambi-Seat-Ibi...m14&_trkparms=72:758|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

is a 1.4 like mine but I see some different things on engine (lambda sensor on manifolds, like a MAS on the air filter and that red ignition module looks a bit strange to me LOL do you guys think they'll work on my '96 1400?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
thanks I need to know because it seems I've an igniton problem, like I'm firing only 3 of 4 cilinders. I tried changing spark plugs but I still have the problem, can't find any cheap spark plug wires set here and I'm not even sure that is the solution so before spending money I wanted to try a set from a breaker. The mk1 I've found is the one with Porsche ignition sistem so I don't think it will work.
I've found also this

http://cgi.ebay.it/Ricambi-Seat-Ibi...m14&_trkparms=72:758|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

is a 1.4 like mine but I see some different things on engine (lambda sensor on manifolds, like a MAS on the air filter and that red ignition module looks a bit strange to me LOL do you guys think they'll work on my '96 1400?

Try changing the spark plug leads. I had a misfire and changed just the spark plugs. Didnt solve the problem so changed the leads next and it solved the problem. No more mis-fire :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.