MK2 Leon Cupra R! - Speed Blue. *Induction and Splitter Page2/3 - 09/02/14*

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Hi all,

I am back in the Seat club after about 18 months :)

This was my FR:

Which i sold to pay for my HGV test, which i passed ;)

So with the money left over i had to get another car and went for this:

(Which is for sale btw, 2007, 46k, FHSH, £7000)

Anywaaaaaaay....

I saved up enough money from my new job to be able to afford to treat myself to a new car. I absolutely loved my previous Leon so was set on a K1 as i no longer needed to commute to work. Then i saw a few Cupra R's falling into my price range. I needed to up the budget a little more than i wanted to but had to be done to get the R, as they have the edge on the K1 IMO.

I was hunting for a few months and nothing was coming up with what i wanted, i wanted the Xenon's, Nav etc. I then come on to this forum hunting the readers ride section, PM'ing a few owners seeing if they would sell lol...

I then come across RossHutchie who was thinking about selling his, i PM'd him, agreed a deal. Then off i went from Sunny Cornwall, 800 miles to Northern Ireland...

Set off at 3.30am :blink: To Exeter airport.

Landed in Manchester, on to another plane then onto Belfast.

Ross had agreed to pick us up at the Airport and take us to his home about 100 miles away. Saw the car for the first time and instantly knew i had made the right decision to make this epic trip.

Got to Ross's done the deal. ross was kind enough to throw in all the standard parts, along with a Vagcom, camera which records everything and a new set of mats.

Then off we went. Had an hour drive and 2 hours before i boat left the docks.

Made it with the hour to spare, so got a few pics:

...and then went to a local bar for some well deserved pub lunch.

Anyway, got to the docks:

Was Chilly!

Then on to the boat:

A nice 3 hour trip to.... Scotland :blink: Baring in mind i live in Cornwall lol

Arrived in Scotland at 6pm, then off we set home.

7 hours later we arrived at Exeter to pick my friends car up from the Airport and another 1.5 hours we were finally home! What a day that was...

Car home:

Next day was raining, but i didnt care, had to get 800 miles worth of rain, salt, sleet, etc we faced on the way home.

All washed:

Then decided to give the interior a once over, mainly the rear of the seats ;)

Now being from NI, cars over there dont need an MOT till they are 4 years old. Over her in England its obviously 3, so got in for an MOT.

Passed with 0 advisories:

Phew, was dreading that!

Also i have a dog so a boot liner was a must. Oh and a matching blue towel to cover the paint while he jumps in...

...So yea that was my 1600 mile trip, to buy an LCR!

The basics on the car:

2010 - '60' plate
16,000 miles
FSSH
12 months MOT
11 months TAX
Milltek Turbo back exhaust including decat (decat not on the car)
Eibach sportline lowering springs
MY12 LED rear lights

I have a few plans for the car which include:

BTCC side skirts (ordered)
Triple R splitter - (ready to fit)
Coilovers
Wheels painted in gloss black
Full machine polish/correction
Seat badge on front grill done in Speed Blue
Stage 2 Revo, and decat fitted.

Thanks for reading guys, i will be updating as i play with the car [B)]

Last edited:

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
Bet it was a mint 800 mile journey tho

I think the alloys look unreal in that colour mate, I would leave them that colour :)

Proper jealous lol

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Looks stunning mate. Ross's car is lovely. Best colour as well ;)

Please don't do the alloys gloss black, they look awesome in the colour there wearing now.

Plans sound spot on as well, gonna look the exact same as mine bar the wheels lol.

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Bet it was a mint 800 mile journey tho

I think the alloys look unreal in that colour mate, I would leave them that colour :)

Proper jealous lol

Yea was by far the best car trip I've ever done took 23 hours all in but wasn't really a dull moment.

Good choice.

I just picked up my Mk2 LCR yesterday too, 900 mile round trip :)

Where did you get yours from? Get a thread up :)

Looks stunning mate. Ross's car is lovely. Best colour as well ;)

Please don't do the alloys gloss black, they look awesome in the colour there wearing now.

Plans sound spot on as well, gonna look the exact same as mine bar the wheels lol.

I agree with this, the wheels look so nice that anthracite colour on a speed blue Cupra R.

You lot are talking me out of it now lol. I just thought the black would tie in with the diffuser and mirrors etc.

Looking forward to taking it out for a Sunday drive in a bit, got to love Cornwalls coastal b roads :)

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Glad your enjoying the car Damon. Was sad to see it go. Your plans sound good. I was always meaning to put the skirts onto it. Never got round to it.

The gloss black on the seats came up real well :)

Damon_

Mar 19, 2011
Sweet Cupra! Looks like new!

Cheers mate

Beautiful car mate :)

Thanks G. I spent ages reading your build thread before buying one nice to see big threads like that. Will pm you at some point about your map :)

Glad your enjoying the car Damon. Was sad to see it go. Your plans sound good. I was always meaning to put the skirts onto it. Never got round to it.

The gloss black on the seats came up real well :)

Yea I think the skirts will finish it off on the sides. Seats weren't really dirty but surprising what a bit of Polish does! Thanks again for looking after this car so well Ross.

nice to see you back in a seat m8,i nearly bought your old 1 as you were wanting a K1
defo the best colour m8,hope you enjoy it

Oh yea I remember that. Nice to see you in a K1 :)

Shrek

Sep 20, 2004
Wokingham
Looks really nice, as others have said I'd stick with the standard wheels. IMHO they look just dandy as they are. One hell of a journey, good effort! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

countymounty

That's bloody lovely that is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.