Mk3 FR 1.4 tsfi induction kit

Jan 20, 2021
Hey guys, I have a Leon fr 1.4 tsfi looking for an induction kit for the car and wondering if anyone has installed one for have any recommendations

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I made my own on my GTE (which also as the EA211 1.4TSI, but a bit less space on one side of the engine bay because of the hybrid stuff). Here are some iterations:

K&N Typhoon attached with a lot of flexible tubing that made it look like a vacuum cleaner:
44e53f5s-960.jpg

Phase two, back to using the original flex pipe at the front, combined with a silicone elbow:
8f653f5s-960.jpg

Phase 3: Some cheap in-line airbox I got on Aliexpress (the K&N Typoon was touching the hood so I had to get something smaller). Added a AIRAID UBI kit, and, which functioned very good, but the piping was too complex and the airbox was pretty shitty plastic quality that didn't do much heat isolating.
8cb3791s-960.jpg

and the final version:
Replaced the airbox with a Spectre Performance in-line airbox. I removed all of the flexible piping, but kept enough flexibility in the system by using silicone start and end points, so engine movement will not break things. It performed pretty good, and I love the simplicity of it all.
b6253f5s-960.jpg

edit:

And make sure you do the Pikey R600 mod: open up bothsides of the air inlet on the front, and get the GTE blanking plate to close off the rear of the inlet so prevent hot air from being sucked in.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126886

We keep a pipercross system in stock, if you drop me a message I’ll get you a price ???