MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I don't have any compaints about my 2014 280 LED's either, and seemed better than the Biza Cupra twincharger that I swapped from, that had Xenons. Maybe the Xenons were not that good as other makes?

Jan 27, 2019
I've got a pre-facelift 13 plate 3 door FR and pretty happy with how bright the lights are. They have been tinted/flyeyed (badly by the previous owner which is now flaking off) and was thinking of changing them. Do the facelift lights swap straight in? anyone got a part number?

Cheers Pete

Jan 27, 2019
ahh that's a shame, thanks for the reply. I'll stick to my original plan of trying to remove the old tint/ flyeye crap.

Deleted member 103408

And as an aside just check on ebay for how much the LED Lights are - they are not cheap just for the light unit.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I must be among the minority. My 2014 mk3 pre-facelift LED headlights are superb. So much so they are brighter/better than my old HID's in my Toyota Auris.

Also the Full/main beam is brilliant. Very wide and even spread. Lights up the county lanes like dawn breaking..... All in all I have no complaints.

My experience exactly, I do wonder, did the 2013/2014 Leon have different LEDs? And after they changed / dimmed them for later years? Did yours have headlight washers with no winter pack?
On full beam, it's no contest, neither the Ibiza with Bi-Xenon or Volvo V40 with 'Thor Hammer' LED full beam can compare, the Leon was better on full beam. However I do admit that my Leon headlights were pointed too low and were adjusted up with the screws at the MOT headlight thingi...

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes
My experience exactly, I do wonder, did the 2013/2014 Leon have different LEDs? And after they changed / dimmed them for later years? Did yours have headlight washers with no winter pack?
On full beam, it's no contest, neither the Ibiza with Bi-Xenon or Volvo V40 with 'Thor Hammer' LED full beam can compare, the Leon was better on full beam. However I do admit that my Leon headlights were pointed too low and were adjusted up with the screws at the MOT headlight thingi...

Maybe you're right. Maybe the 2013 mk3 has different LEDS than the 2014 mk3's.
No I don't have headlight washers. I only have the tech pack on mine.
Again ditto, before my first MOT, I checked the alignment on mine and had to raise them as they were too low. Passed MOT fine and since then no problems at MOT or otherwise...

Deleted member 103408

I have the headlight washers (although I have turned them down now so they dont come on as often).

I have also lowered the car and been through 3 MOT'S with no changes and no issues with lights. Good to see the price of second hand units is coming down a bit so hopefully when one of them goes it wont be a very big bill.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
LOL, I'm still afraid to look....

ECP sell Valeo lights (these are OEM) - with SALE55 voucher code they are......

£629

They also have an eBay shop using a different brand name, but when you buy comes up as ECP on the email receipt.

I’d be worried about 2nd hand units as they look like the plastic lens crazes over time.

Reactions: Wastedagen
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise