Not open for further replies.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Official specs of my local Škoda dealer show that the 4WD 280 model comes with a 6 speed DSG, not a 7 as Autocar reported.
Of course that's unless the gearbox is different depending on the market. But that's highly doubtful.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Cupra R 4wd 330ps coming ???

Friend of mine had a call from a "guy" who has been overseas to discuss models, business plans, launch dates all around a new Cupra R 4wd with 330ps.
My mate told the "guy" he wanted to order one. The "guy" says no orders allowed until official launch date has been agreed, so my friend said here is my £10k deposit and call me when the orders are starting to go through.
Speculation or not, hell of a statement eh £10k lying about in his back pocket:drool:

DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER :rifle:

Last edited:

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Very hard to believe indeed. Why would someone give ten grand to a stealer as a deposit for a non existent car that isn't order-able?

:rolleyes:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
Even if it does come out with 300HP, the 280 should be as quick or maybe even a tad quicker on a rolling start, enough so to get the power down. I mean the 4 wheel drive will dominate at launch but considering the 20% drivetrain loss, I believe it'll be very close.

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Even if it does come out with 300HP, the 280 should be as quick or maybe even a tad quicker on a rolling start, enough so to get the power down. I mean the 4 wheel drive will dominate at launch but considering the 20% drivetrain loss, I believe it'll be very close.

more importantly, who is faster around 'ring... (I mean between Golf R and Cupra in case anyone didnt get that comment)

Seat really gonna bring out a R that is slower in any shape or form than the standard one? Not likely, it cant just have 300! Im sticking to my theory more than ever now :D

Last edited:

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
more importantly, who is faster around 'ring... (I mean between Golf R and Cupra in case anyone didnt get that comment)

Seat really gonna bring out a R that is slower in any shape or form than the standard one? Not likely, it cant just have 300! Im sticking to my theory more than ever now :D

Exactly I can't see it being feasible, it won't be much faster and it's not like the cupra is a slouch against the compeition. Faster round the track too as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise