Mk5 Golf GTTDI: now and the future

RocketGTTDI

Hi guys
I know its not a Seat, but its still vag, just the bigger sister :)
thought i'd show my ride as it is now.
She's had a the GT grill sprayed black as per a GT Sport, Bluefin and Green replacement filter to increase bhp to about 185bhp (from 140), tinted windows by Autoasylum in Swindon and IOPlay Bluetooth phone and Ipod player, and here she is as now:
S73F0594.jpg

S73F0596.jpg

Below is how she will look with my future mods. I've gone for RS6 19" alloys over GTI ones which are on order to be delivered this week, and also bought a GTI rear valance, skirts and front valance (to be sprayed as below) then after this is done I'm going to drop her with some Eibach ProKit springs and then consider a Milltek Non-resonated exhaust (discreet).
UnitedGreyBlack.jpg

UnitedGreyBlack2.jpg

As soon as she's been colour coded and dropped I'll update this to show how close I've photoshopped the pic above, so watch this space :)

Any comments appreciated :)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I actually quite like it. I really like the bottom wheels but not in black. DId you go for the top rims or bottom ones? Top ones in black are much better!

RocketGTTDI

thanks. Yep I've gone for the top ones, the RS6 alloys as I want black rims and as big as poss, and its very hard to get 19" GTi reps, plus loads of Golfs have these anyway. :)

RocketGTTDI

already in progress, hopefully be done by beginning of October :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Looks very good
One of the problems with black alloys is that if you don't keep the tyres cleaned and blackened they with look a bit ****. Keep them nice and clean and they'll look ace
Keep up the good work

RocketGTTDI

cheers Junior. I had black rims on my previous car (megane120dci) as below, and yes its very hard to keep the tyres black, but i'll keep on them, getting a big supply of tyre blacker!! lol
DSC00596.jpg

Below is on the Modball 07, were i met T.Spark in his Ibiza
P1010430.jpg

T. Spark

You did have the pleasure of meeting VAG diesel's on that rally mate :)

Loving the new car, and the plans you have for it, it will look very nice! Do you plan on vinyl aswell?

Big turbo FTW! I will watch this thread with great interest. Remember to get loads of piccies of each mod as its done!

Last edited by a moderator:

RocketGTTDI

You did have the pleasure of meeting BAG diesel's on that rally mate :)

Loving the new car, and the plans you have for it, it will look very nice! Do you plan on vinyl aswell?

Big turbo FTW! I will watch this thread with great interest. Remember to get loads of piccies of each mod as its done!

Yep, VAG diesels. Had a ball ache trying to keep up in the Meg, but just about did :)
Will probably put some vinyl on her too, something to tie in to the new business I expect, but I've yet to work on that, so when I do I'll post it here.

I'll post pics of the mods too, no worries :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
cheers Junior. I had black rims on my previous car (megane120dci) as below, and yes its very hard to keep the tyres black, but i'll keep on them, getting a big supply of tyre blacker!! lol
DSC00596.jpg

Below is on the Modball 07, were i met T.Spark in his Ibiza
P1010430.jpg

Nice car dude

Just thougn I'd mention the tyres but it looks like your no stranger to washing/keeping your cars clean.

RocketGTTDI

well i do try! lol
when its pissing it down as much as it has been its difficult to keep the car clean, but everytime I clean the wheels i use a tyre blacker to keep them as black as poss. At the mo I use Autoglym stuff, but once thats used up it'll be back to Meguiers as that stuff worked really well.

RocketGTTDI

lol, no worries, i'll post pics after the weekend if all gets done Friday :D

RocketGTTDI

well i've got the parts and wheels black gloss now and loving the transformation. Parts include: GTI front valance (colour coded main/gloss black centre splitter), GTi skirts (c/c), GTi rear valance with exhaust exit filled in (c/c and gloss black lower centre), GTI black headlights, gloss black front and rear badges and 19" RS6 in Gloss black too.

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00112-1.jpg

RocketGTTDI

yep keep them black as poss, and i think it needs to be lowered too. looking into that tomorrow.
they're 35 profile, loves it! lol

T. Spark

Yeah only thing I was going to mention was a few mm's lower and it would be a minter... now the looks are sorted, just need the go faster bits mate :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise