MK5 MP3 player. (Any other format?)

shock

Have you guys got any other format other than .mp3 to play on it..?

And what is the maximum bit rate it will play?

shock

Actually I’ll try and explore these options tomorrow.. and report back if I’m successful.

(I know the manual only mentions .mp3 for the normal player but .wma and .aac for the USB option)

andy15star

Apr 17, 2005
Durham
Actually I’ll try and explore these options tomorrow.. and report back if I’m successful.

(I know the manual only mentions .mp3 for the normal player but .wma and .aac for the USB option)

Mine supports 128, 160, 192, 224, 320. So i assume it supports pretty much across the range (that's mp3 by the way).

Regards,
Andy

shock

OK, tried WMA (32kps & 128 KPS), FLAC, AAC, Monkey's Audio, Vorbis. NONE Worked!

Only MP3 (tried up to 320 kps) worked.

Wish it supported AAC as most of my music is on AAC.

Oh well, in case any of you wanted to know.. now you do. :)

DinosaurEyes

AAC is Apple Audio Codec. Like most non-Apple products, the head unit simply won't have the codecs to play it. Not surprising at all really.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
AAC is Apple Audio Codec. Like most non-Apple products, the head unit simply won't have the codecs to play it. Not surprising at all really.

Even with the ipod lead the headunit doesn't do the decoding. The iPod decodes the audio and it's sent to the headunit via the Aux, and the track info and power is sent via the USB, hence the need for 1 lead with two connectors.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.