Most Litres of Diesel in2 Tank ???

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
Right here's a goodun folks.
How many of yas gets the extra Fuel in ya tank using that Venting technique ??
Mine was just below the quarter mark yesterday & i filled it up & got 56litres in her !! mind u it had done 540miles on that much.
Cost just over £53.00

YIKES :cry:

I can do 160m+ now before the gauge even moves with getting that extra in the tank?
400 miles on just over half a tank aswell
Iam sure it will easily do 700 motorway miles driving at the limits with the extra in the tank.

Am i doin any harm surely not ??

Ave 45.4mpg overall atm

Well happy !!!

:clap:

Last edited:

Arctic

Jun 15, 2005
Newcastle...ish
I dont really see the point in filling it to the brink unless im going to do a long journey, more fuel is heavy thus using more fuel,

I normally have it around half to 3 quarters

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
plus from wat ive read , watch it in the summer as if the diesel heats up it expands n cud overflow , , hearsay i reinforce tho

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
I can get 55L in without venting. Does it really make that much difference? When I do it it just gurgles down the pipe a bit and doesn't take that much to fill it again.

pexhh

Before coming and work in England, I was doing 180 miles per day to go to work and back. This tecnick was very usefull to avoid going to the pump too often.
As the fuel expand, do it ONLY if you are going to drive for at least 50m after filling!!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
LeonFRTDi said:
I can do 160m+ now before the gauge even moves
wheres the jealous smiley :confused: my gauge doesnt move after 160 - it shows empty :whistle: lol

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Mine was still on the red bit at the top this morning with 120 miles on it. Had moved though.

Most i've ever got in that tank was 56.12 ltrs according to my car running cost program on my phone. Most i've ever done on a tank is 516, but i always have at least 40 miles left according to the car trip computer at that point.

As for the venting, the tank will vent itself however if you puch the vent it vents faster. I've only brimmed my tank once. Dont want to spill diesel on the road, one cos its dangours and two cos i may aswell throw money out the window.

ronnie939

Dam I drive too fast, I am lucky to get 400 miles? ... Thats 70% motorway

It cost about £45 to fill up here in London... :cry:

I drive it quite sensible as well around 80ish in 6th... I am doing something wrong...lol :wtf: :whistle:

Bloody lead feet.:censored:

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
ronnie939 said:
Dam I drive too fast, I am lucky to get 400 miles? ... Thats 70% motorway

It cost about £45 to fill up here in London... :cry:

I drive it quite sensible as well around 80ish in 6th... I am doing something wrong...lol :wtf: :whistle:

Bloody lead feet.:censored:

If my maths is correctish, your getting less than 40 mpg average,

???

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise