most miles out of one tank?

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
My mate came round at the weekend in his LCR. He took the piss out of my FR Tdi, as I have 17 LCR wheels, apparently I sound like a tractor, and mine is silver and his black LCR looks better.

Two words to him 550miles out of a tank.

That shut him up :)

bushybeaver

V Power Love Machine
May 14, 2005
Mid Devon
lol Yep much better, can I say u look hot in that pic aswell, mind u its quite far away God knows what you face looks like close up :moon:
I like the way petrol heads have taken over the TDI section ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
bushybeaver said:
lol Yep much better, can I say u look hot in that pic aswell, mind u its quite far away God knows what you face looks like close up :moon:
I like the way petrol heads have taken over the TDI section ;)

Thank you i think! There is going to be a feature in Golf+ about the Rolling Road Day so im sure there will be more pictures of peesp in there ;)

Yeah sorry Askara, didnt mean to take over! I suppose it must be the force there is with us petrol heads :lol:

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
i WILL break the 700 mile mark.. i will i will i will!!!

buttt... a chavvy boy needed pasting last night.. so doing 13 miles used up about 50 miles worth of fuel... best not ask!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Askara said:
i WILL break the 700 mile mark.. i will i will i will!!!

buttt... a chavvy boy needed pasting last night.. so doing 13 miles used up about 50 miles worth of fuel... best not ask!

Wasnt it reading 800 miles left the other day? Mine was saying about 415 miles on the way to Milton Keynes too :lol:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
After 3 days of TDi ownership, I'm amazed at the MPG. I've done about 360-370 miles since I filled up and I've still got at least another 100 miles left in it. I'm not used to this. With my 2.0 it'd be empty by now. :p

I reckon I could do the 100 miles a week for my 4 days at work and then drive to Croft in North Yorkshire for the BTCC and back on the same tank. I will be trying that next month. :D

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
ahh see i need my tdi.. for each week i do 500+ miles plus.

so even tho i may get 500+ out of a tank.. i am still putting £55 in to my tank each friday.

sssstew

Editing your spelling
my personal best is 653 or summin like that but i could have got more but i needed to fill up for a longer trip at the weekend. I reckon over 700 just is possible from a vented tank for me if i did mostly motorways, its those damn A-B roads which knock it down.

Oct 12, 2005
Does anyone really care how many miles they get out of their car. I like the diesel. But theonly reason i have one is because i do 300 miles a week and it would not make sense in having a petrol as i would be skint. The leon tdi is a good compromise between economy and performance. But i would deffo have a petrol if i worked locally. I would have a supra twin turbo or audi s4.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
philtdi said:
Does anyone really care how many miles they get out of their car.
What's the title of the thread ? :whistle:

I only ever tried to get those really high figures on a couple of occasions with the Ibiza, as I think there was a kind of challenge going on here at the time :)
Rest of the time was driving normally, when I'd get around 500 to a (vented) tank.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
philtdi said:
Does anyone really care how many miles they get out of their car. I like the diesel. But theonly reason i have one is because i do 300 miles a week and it would not make sense in having a petrol as i would be skint. The leon tdi is a good compromise between economy and performance. But i would deffo have a petrol if i worked locally. I would have a supra twin turbo or audi s4.

I think they must do as we are all talking about it!

I have to say im not really bothered, i never bought the car for fuel economy, i bought her because i loved her and if she drinks petrol then so be it as i wouldnt change how much she drinks for the world! I only starting really looking at the sort of miles i get to a tank recently anyway and im on my second cupra so it obviously doesnt bother me that much :lol:

I think the point Askara was making was that she got :censored: loads of miles out of it and wanted to share it with us! I think thats why anyway, after all i was behind her most of the time she was getting this total so can see why she did :-o

Oh and Askara i hope your on a mission to get 800 now?

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
philtdi said:
Does anyone really care how many miles they get out of their car.

I do. I couldn't go on putting £38 of petrol into the car every week and it being down to under half a tank after I'd finished my 4 day working week. Done a fair bit of driving these past few days and from the figures I'm getting, it'll help me a lot, as my 12 mile drive to work is on A and B roads, no M'ways or dual carriageways. I was getting between 26 and 30mpg coming back from work the other week in the 2.0 car. :blink:

Another factor is that I drive down South an awful lot and a friend of mine is down in Buckingham, so I'll easily be able to go there on one tank from now on, without having to spend a fortune on unleaded. :D

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
bushybeaver said:
Depends what u want out of a car, id rather be shouting "EAT THAT DIESEL BOY" when im smoking u at the lights, but u can smile knowing u will get there in your own pace doing 600 miles plus with no stops.

If your not remapped yet, You can easily get sooted rather than smoked! ;)

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
muddyboots said:
Remember that Leons have larger tanks than Ibizas, so as 700 has been achieved in an Ibiza, you Leon drivers have a way to go yet :)

Leon is heavier though. I think I could get 700 out of mine with venting.

i win :clap:

regularly got around 800 each tank, have achieved 900, and had the computer reading over 1000 :)

spose i'm dis-qualified tho, coz it's a 75lt tank in the Pug, and costs £70 to fill it up.

Even nailing it round town returns over 500 miles each time :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
sssstew said:
I reckon over 700 just is possible from a vented tank for me if i did mostly motorways, its those damn A-B roads which knock it down.
With my Ibiza, I found the ultimate economy to be had on light throttle 40-50mph pottering about.
Which is why I got my best ever on a holiday round Norfolk area :D

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
muddyboots said:
I don't reckon there's a huge difference, the Mk4 Ibiza is pretty lardy.
My Certificate of Conformity paperwork suggested it weighed in just under 1300kg :blink:

You'd be saying differently if we were talking performance between a PD130 Leon & Beeza though!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.