Motosport fan? then sign this

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Copied off of Ten-Tenths. Essentially people are moving to Castle Coombe, Thruxton village, or near Brands Hatch......AND then complaining about the noise!

Graham Goodwin aka DailySportscar said:
I'm posting this here because it has affected the British GT Championship going to Castle Combe but I'd be happy with this going anywhere on 10-10ths

Effective or not is is a good thing that somebody has posted a petition on the N0 10 website urging the Government not to bow to the NIMBYs that move close to - for instance a church or a race circuit and then complain - often with alarming effectiveness - about the noise

You can add your moniker here:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/livewithit/

Please if you agree, sign the perition. Its hosted on the government site, so it might do good.

PLEASE pass this around other forums - This could include track days in the future!

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
It is Croft all over again.

I wonder if one of the residents of Castle Coombe or Brands Hatch is an ex of one of the people who run the respective circuit?

thompson1988

how sad are some of the residents how i would love to wake up on a sunday morning to a V12 Viper as my alarm clock :)

Blakrover

Apr 28, 2010
Preston/Wigan
Seems this petition ended and the government said on your bike. Ah well, at least there was some revenge at Oulton this year with the Typhoon flying so low and loud before the cars were allowed to be started.

Justice.

lol

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
It's not just race circuits, wasn't there someone who moved next to a park and then prevented a concert or something going off? The best one I saw was an old couple who complained about the noise of a local school.

It's fairly simple, if you don't check out the immediate area then on your own head be it.

adamwilkinson

done, really boils my pee having nimbees move near a race track and then complain about the noise - more so because its affect where and when i can race

bargibin

Done, if you dont like it dont live near a race circuit!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.