MrJoosh's Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI

MrJoosh

Jun 21, 2014
Bacup
plus.google.com
So, after a good couple of months snooping around the forum, i have now bought myself a Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI...

It's an 04 model and has covered 127k.

The previous owners have made the following modifications:
  • Turbo Dynamics MD376 Hybrid Turbo
  • Rebuilt gearbox with stronger internals
  • Uprated Sachs performance clutch and flywheel
  • SFS hose kit with alloy pipe work
  • Ridiculous Pipercross air filter
  • Allard EGR delete
  • Brembo 4 pots on the front (LCR)
  • 256mm S3 rear brakes
  • Brembo pads and grooved discs all round
  • Full Milltek 2.5" straight through exhaust
  • KW front and rear anti roll bars
  • KW camber and castor kit (front)
  • 35mm lowering springs
  • LCR front bumper
  • LCR 18" wheels
  • S3 top and bottom suspension braces
  • R8 oil and water caps
  • Heko front wind deflectors
  • Performance Torque custom stage 2 map (236bhp & 385lb/ft claimed)

All in all i'm happy with the car, although seems to have a boost leak (very smokey and 'hissy' on the throttle) but still boosting around 1.7bar (was holding around 1.9 when i first got it, bodging a dodgy C-Clip, held boost around 2.3bar and was awesomely quick :))

Anyway pictures:

Leon2_zps274689ab.jpg

Leon1_zps5dc7a5de.jpg

Leon3_zps4afc1da6.jpg

Leon4_zpsfe565165.jpg

IMG_20140819_140932_zpsbhgupjmv.jpg

Soooooo.... Opinions please guys :)

Thanks,

Josh

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Yip.
However few things look different on it now. I put a honda civic aerial on it. It looks like it has a fabia rear wiper now. I put a smaller mk5 golf one on. Also I had the front S badge painted the same as the wheels/mirror caps.

I didnt put that pipercross filter on it. It had a much better jetex one on.

Also looks like all the audi s3 covers have been removed too. These were all brand new from audi!

old buld thread:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288079

The last owner is talking porkies too. I had p-torque put a custom map on it, thats true.

However a few weeks after selling the car he emailed me to ask about the turbo specs etc. He didnt like the way it was smoking. It never bothered me as I fitted the down pipe rear section. Dunno if it still has this? I asked about the boost and it sounded like it was leaking. One reason why I sold it. It was always poping hoses. Anyway. He ignored me and had a **** map put on it. As he said the tuner just upped the boost! Last I heard it was mapped to 210ish and about 345 ish lbft. Which is a real shame.

When I had it running right, it would peak 2.1 and hold 1.9.

I had the car when it was 18 months old till 2010. It had 110 000 miles on it then. Sounds like its hardly been used or clocked....

TBH I missed it alot at first. But it did have a desire to eat gearboxes and clutches.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.