MTEC'S are RUBBISH!!

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Had MTEC 100w fitted for the last week and drove for the first time in the dark tonight, and my god there dangerously garbage!! What are the best bulbs for lighting up the road? MTEC's look good but i want rid, sharpish! Whats the general consensus on HID kits i know there fairly expensive but are they any good?

Last edited:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Iv just bought 3 sets of 55w Xenons from ebay fella, £17 delivered.

I noticed that 100w were not as bright, maybe just not getting enough juice?

Really happy with the 55w, had them in the Leon before. Pretty crisp white light.

Seller is Aceparts. They do sets for most cars or separates to build.

Jimski

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
Had MTEC 100w fitted for the last week and drove for the first time in the dark tonight, and my god there dangerously garbage!! What are the best bulbs for lighting up the road? MTEC's look good but i want rid, sharpish! Whats the general consensus on HID kits i know there fairly expensive but are they any good?

Fishy, checkout the other headlight thread you started, I tried the Mtec's and they are crap at lighting the road, I've now fitted Bosch Pure Light's and they are excellent!

See your earlier thread for details: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254002&page=5

Poverty

Osram Night breakers are good for lighting up the road. But are yellowish

Rob FR TDi

Candy****
Feb 19, 2010
I've just ordered the H1 and H3 cosmos bulbs. They should be being delivered tommorrow so with abit of luck i'll post a picture of the full set.

I've heard quite alot of stuff about the MTEC H7's and not much has been good. So i've just fitted some Bosch Pure Light's. But now i'm thinking i've drppoed a clanger and should of bought the osrams

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Just fitted nightbreakers and back to standard sidelights, had enough of not being able to see f all! so got a set of PIAA led sides for sale with MTEC h7s lol

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
I got the Mtech super white sides which I will be keeping but decided against the headlights after reading previous threads, I do a fair bit of country lane night-time driving and prefer to see where I'm going. will search for the Bosch now and see where I can get some.

Rob FR TDi

Candy****
Feb 19, 2010
I got the Mtech super white sides which I will be keeping but decided against the headlights after reading previous threads, I do a fair bit of country lane night-time driving and prefer to see where I'm going. will search for the Bosch now and see where I can get some.

Halford sell 'em aswell £10.99 each. I'd got them... they seem very Yellow... I think i'm going to try out the Osrams.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
My MTECs H7 excellent! I live in the country and was worried about what other members had said? about the lights, but I must say I think the lighs are better than the standard ones nice white light.

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
Popped into Halfrauds today and sold out of the Bosch in H7 so searched online and ordered pair of the Osram Nightbreakers .. €36 inc P&P if any of the Irish lads are interested from Irishautoparts will have to wait and see now:whistle:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members