Mudflaps please post on here when they arrive!

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
As part of the deal I negotiated on my Leon, I got front mudflaps thrown in.
However, the dealer wasnt able to source them as they are not made.
Being a Yorkshireman married to a Scots lass, I dont intend to forget about this and will be calling upon my dealer to fit the mudflaps as soon as they are released.:whistle:

So once one of our members gets word of them, please let us all know!

Cheers

Andy;)

Nganasan

Feb 28, 2013
Estonia
My dealer said that for new Toledos first mudlaps are now arriving, but for the Leon you can expect them earliest in week 35.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Try using these part numbers at a dealer.

Leon & SC (incl. FR) front: 5F0075111
Leon & SC rear: 5F0075101 Leon & SC FR rear: 5F0075101B

My car is not due until Sept 1st so not rang my dealer to add these yet as it's too soon really.

If they work can someone report that here so I know they are not wrong. Many thanks.

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
Anyone got mudflaps yet?

I will be near to dealers on sunday and just wonder whether its worth popping in and getting them to order some - if available....

Cheers

Jun 15, 2013
Picked my Mk 3 up last weekend, got call from dealer only yesterday that mudflaps not yet available.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Did anyone try the numbers I posted above? If not I'll try next week when I speak to them.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Might be a silly question, but apart from my landrover I've not had a car with mudflaps on since I had a cortine and I've never felt the need for them or missed them. :shrug:

weatherlight

Mudflaps increase drag and cost as an extra part. Some companies dont include them as standart equipment to provide better aerodynamics. Still if the roads are very muddy, one may consider them

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I dont like rears but do like fronts.
They help prevent road rash on the sills and bottom of doors.

Andy

I did 30k on my black mk2 and never had any road rash and I ran snow chains the winter just gone
Have you not thought of fitting helecoptor tape to the sills and bottom of the doors?
I have it on one of my other cars because the wings stick out so far and it works brilliantly and is almost invisible

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
are mud flaps worth getting to protect from stone chips or do they not really stop the stones from hitting the paint ?

qs15598

Hi
Have you got our mudflaps yet ? Still no joy at my dealer

yorkie1

Leicester seat have mudflaps in stock 69 pounds fitted front and rear using mk7 golf?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.