Multichanger Problem?

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I've just read elsewhere a comment about the CD multichanger in the LCR that there's a common issue with it not reading discs but I'm having a search-inept day and I can't find anything about it. Is it a common, known fault?

Mine seems to pick on certain discs, I think 4 and 6 are the worse if memory serves. It also suffers from ERROR codes every so often, requiring the cartridge to be ejected and reinserted, which is annoying with them being on the other side of the car, and then seeming to take 10 minutes checking the discs

I've just read elsewhere a comment about the CD multichanger in the LCR that there's a common issue with it not reading discs but I'm having a search-inept day and I can't find anything about it. Is it a common, known fault?

Mine seems to pick on certain discs, I think 4 and 6 are the worse if memory serves. It also suffers from ERROR codes every so often, requiring the cartridge to be ejected and reinserted, which is annoying with them being on the other side of the car, and then seeming to take 10 minutes checking the discs

In a word......yes :lol:

swilky23

Jul 3, 2008
rochdale

Remove the changer that hold the discs. Get a cotton bud or similar with a dash of meth spirits on the end. If you look inside there is a white plastic sort of roller towards the back on the left. Give it a couple of gentle taps. Job sorted!!:funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.