Music folder on my maps SD?

frjack

May 22, 2018
The North
Hello, chaps,

Before I start, I've tried searching the forums, but to be honest, the search wotsit is a bit bobbins...

Anywho...

Thanks to the kindness of Jimbobcook, I have a working map card for my RNS310.

The only drawback is I can't have my music on at the same time.

I have a 2010 Altea SE with the RNS310 and a USB socket under the armrest.

The head unit doesn't want to pick up from the socket (though it's handy to charge my phone and I can stash it in the cubby hole) and I really don't want to be dicking about with MP3 CDs.

I heard that a music folder can be slid in next to the whole nav section, but I don't want to bollox the card, unless there's a set of instructions that have been proven to work.

The card didn't ask about locking to the unit... is that a RNS310 thing?

Anybody have any ideas about this? Please explain like I'm 5yo.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Frj

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hello, chaps,

Before I start, I've tried searching the forums, but to be honest, the search wotsit is a bit bobbins...

Anywho...

Thanks to the kindness of Jimbobcook, I have a working map card for my RNS310.

The only drawback is I can't have my music on at the same time.

I have a 2010 Altea SE with the RNS310 and a USB socket under the armrest.

The head unit doesn't want to pick up from the socket (though it's handy to charge my phone and I can stash it in the cubby hole) and I really don't want to be dicking about with MP3 CDs.

I heard that a music folder can be slid in next to the whole nav section, but I don't want to bollox the card, unless there's a set of instructions that have been proven to work.

The card didn't ask about locking to the unit... is that a RNS310 thing?

Anybody have any ideas about this? Please explain like I'm 5yo.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Frj
So the USB socket charges but is not read by the unit... If you have a USB stick and format it to fat32 then put mp3s on it does it see that on the unit? Mine doesn't read m4a which is the apple music format so that's worth noting.

I personally haven't seen anyone talking about side loading the sd card with music and I doubt there will be much space left on it after the maps etc

Is the 310 an additional item or did it come with the car from the factory?

frjack

May 22, 2018
The North
So the USB socket charges but is not read by the unit... If you have a USB stick and format it to fat32 then put mp3s on it does it see that on the unit? Mine doesn't read m4a which is the apple music format so that's worth noting.

I personally haven't seen anyone talking about side loading the sd card with music and I doubt there will be much space left on it after the maps etc

Is the 310 an additional item or did it come with the car from the factory?

The 310 was standard. I used a Sandisk 16GB stick, FAT32 with MP3s.

The stick has no faults. There are about 20 folders - all on the same level, one has 4 subfolders. No viruses or other nasties and the files are not corrupted.

Maybe I'll try a different stick?

frjack

May 22, 2018
The North
So... I tried a different stick... It worked. First I just put some files on and gave it a try. Worked. Next I copied the full contents of the previous stick, which didn't want to play, over to this stick, to see what happened. The file structure was the same: 3 levels. Wallopped it in and... success!

I guess the usb connection isn't entirely happy with some USB 2.0 sticks. At sometime, in the future, I'll see if it will accept a USB 3.0 stick; they're supposedly backwards compatible.

Awkward bugger! :) :crash:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
So... I tried a different stick... It worked. First I just put some files on and gave it a try. Worked. Next I copied the full contents of the previous stick, which didn't want to play, over to this stick, to see what happened. The file structure was the same: 3 levels. Wallopped it in and... success!

I guess the usb connection isn't entirely happy with some USB 2.0 sticks. At sometime, in the future, I'll see if it will accept a USB 3.0 stick; they're supposedly backwards compatible.

Awkward bugger! :) :crash:
That's interesting but glad you got it sorted!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise