My 1.9TDi Leon Mods

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Really does look the part! Best splitter for the mark 2 in my opinion! All being well getting one for mine at the end of the month :)

Definately worth the £90+ but i do really like the cupspoiler. Just couldnt afford it :( but im happy with it and the car is pretty much complete now.

Where did you get the grille from pal and how much was it?

The grill was from another member on here and got it for £50, brand new is around £70-80

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
Definately worth the £90+ but i do really like the cupspoiler. Just couldnt afford it :( but im happy with it and the car is pretty much complete now.

The grill was from another member on here and got it for £50, brand new is around £70-80

splitter & grill look spot on mate ;)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Thanks guys, really happy with it now and think I am coming to an end on external mods. To finish it off nicely and call it a day, going to wrap some parts in silver carbon and black carbon the rear diffuser.

Actually hold on lol, going to finish it off with Triple R's rear diffuser when its done :)

Last edited:

th33plagu3

Did you fit spoiler and splitter yourself ? If so was it hard and also is yours a pre facelift ?
But its looking sweet mate :p nice job !

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
photo2ad.jpg

Dude, do you get any issues with that numberplate with MOT or police ?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Did you fit spoiler and splitter yourself ? If so was it hard and also is yours a pre facelift ?
But its looking sweet mate :p nice job !

Both were fitted by myself and friends, spoiler was bonded on, splitter was drilled and screwed on. Its back off atm. I would not say hard at all, prob half an hour on both.

Dude, do you get any issues with that numberplate with MOT or police ?

Rear plate is now broken and back to legal. Never had any issues with police since I had them on. MOT did fail them though but had a spare of legal ones...

Btw, I have called it a day wih Modding now :(

Last edited:

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Thanks to V0id who gave me a link to a Genuine VW one for £7.85, the long aerial is now gone.

Did not affect the radio signal in any way to be honest which I was dreading but now happy with the outcome.

photo1mql.jpg

I know it was getting dark but only time I had after work lol

Wheres the link for this? I want.

Cars coming along good haha start to look like a cupra :)

Buzz123

Autobahn
Aug 6, 2011
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Cheers man, I'll have a look.

What was the issue with your turbo then? And be careful with what turbo you buy as I went through 3 on my old 1.9tdi and found that Garrett was only one that would last with a map. Just take it steady for first 1k mile or so. :)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Cheers man, I'll have a look.

What was the issue with your turbo then? And be careful with what turbo you buy as I went through 3 on my old 1.9tdi and found that Garrett was only one that would last with a map. Just take it steady for first 1k mile or so. :)

The new one is a Garret Turbo. And thanks for the 1k mile tip, will be taking it easy for some time now anyway :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.