My 1.9TDI on 19`s & lowered 35mm

ivesy

Heres a few photos of my 1.9tdi reference as requested by some members. A lot of people are wondering what the new Leon is like on 19`s with lowered suspension, I personaly find the ride perfectly acceptable & I think you will agree 19" suits the car much better than 18" :p . I`m wondering if the shockers on the reference makes the ride better quality with the Eibach pro kit than perhaps on the sport models? just a thought.

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0066.jpg

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0060-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
Looks well, though could do with being even lower....
The larger wheels makes the brakes look tiny, a nice big brake upgrade would definately set it off.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Still quite high, you could go lower, but due to arch rubbing etc you wouldnt be able to go much more mate. what size are the wheels mate?

Eddy Gein

Jan 23, 2007
With the stylance lowered 35mm does that make it about the same height as an fr now?or is fr still taller than that?think sum side skirt would add to the effect of lowering.

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
the car is looking good, like the alloys, seen a set on another Leon at Crail this weekend, sure they were anthracite in colour very nice.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If I'm honest, I think the wheels look too big. That might change if the car was lowered more, but still the car would sit too high from the ground. It makes the front bumper seem very shallow.

Lower it more and I think it will look 100% better. But, above all else, if you're happy then nothing else matters :D

12string

Rocker
Oct 5, 2006
Inverness
As long as you are happy with the 18's on your car that is all that matters. I don't think they look too big. Everyone has their own opinion on how they want a car to look.

I must admit though that I really liked the pic of the yellow one taken in a dealers. Any more info available on it? Was it an FR with the body kit ? Are they 19's on it ?

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Is it me or do 'cars these days' seem to need much bigger wheels to look right!?

Rewind a few years, the LCR looked 'just right on 18's.

A few years before that at nothing looked right unless it had 17's..

Very bizare.. another 5 years we'll be fitting push bike wheels to cars.. :rolleyes:

ivesy

I think because the way the car is sitting on my drive gives the illusion of the front end being high, the drive is flat at the top & slopes down & its parked on the crest. I will take some photos on the flat, it really isnt that high. I wouldn`t want to lower it any further as it would probably spoil the ride, its mainly my wifes car & I dont think she or my 4yr old would appreciate it. To answer a few questions the tyres are 235/35/19 & yes it does sit quite a bit lower than my mates FR170. I would love to fit an FR front spoiler & side skirts but Im doing some cheaper mods 1st, today I ordered an arm rest, chrome mirror covers, interior door trim kit, tail gate trim, front fog light kit & genuine Seat centre caps for the alloys. I am also thinking about a remap to 145bhp through the guy who does the work for Seat as it wont affect the warranty. Does anyone know where I could get this front lip spoiler from?

bb565a5ae8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.