My Cupra K1 replacement-Golf R mk6-Aston Martin BBK

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Great updates. Love the new brakes. Gonna give them a fancy collor or will they stay black?

cheers,im not 100% sure what to do colour wise
if i send them off to be painted ill have to get the colour made up to paint the rears my self and hope i do a good job lol
i had black calipers on the K1 and they sttod out quite well tbf

J.B.

Dec 9, 2013
Holland
cheers,im not 100% sure what to do colour wise
if i send them off to be painted ill have to get the colour made up to paint the rears my self and hope i do a good job lol
i had black calipers on the K1 and they sttod out quite well tbf

Painting the rear is not that hard. Mask everything off and spray it.

Dark blue would look very nice behind the dark wheels and is not to much.

zr6x-brakes-supervettes-blue.jpg

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
well the front BBK is finally on,ill update with pics tomorrow sometime but thought ill just compare weights etc
Aston calipers 3.5kg Oem calipers 7.5kg saving 3.9kg
AP 362mm discs 9.2kg Oem 330mm discs 11.8kg saving 2.6kg
pads were the same,so a total of 6.5kg per side,not bad

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
well guys,
next plan was going down the route of some alloy hubs next to save a bit more weight ;)
sorted some second hand but off a newish car so ill give them a clean and hammerite them while the weathers crap,ill order brand new bearings and ball joints to complement them,itll be nice to see the outcome weight wise
received both alloy hubs today so weighed them as if on car with sensors,ball joints,bearings etc
7.1 kgs

2.9 kgs stripped bare

giving them a clean took about an hour each with degreaser and wire brush on a drill:shocked: quite a big difference

hanging ready for some hammerite,thin coat for now,ill need to scratch off the runs etc near the bolt holes after theyve dried

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
bored over the weekend so wrapped the revo pipe in heat tape and exhaust wrap then cleaned and re-oiled the filter

bum dyno,the car felt a bit more responsive so worth the £20 outlay
fitting of the new hubs this week

Feb 16, 2013
North Wales
Had a fair new little bits and bobs parts wise collecting for the next round of mods to be done
Firstly a big thank you to Alex for his time and effort getting all this work done in 1 go :)
after a long day at Aks Tuning in bedford on friday the work was finished about 10 pm lol
we had a plan to do the work with me taking down my tyrol deadset kit and Hpa mount to fit if we have time,Alex spoke to me first thing and thought he'd be better off to fit the kit and mount first as it'll need a new alignment doing so he cracked on with that,back from the alignment back to normal after my other hub changes etc

now point and power with the steering again,nice and light,shifts seem and bit 'tighter' also after,the Hpa mount id admit a bit more cabin vibration but hopefully it'll settle in time

Onto the strip down for the Peron fmic change,everything went to plan to be fair,maybe a bit easier for Alex as he was removing the inlet for cleaning anyway

Now onto the Rfd delete and stems cleaned,these are at 47k miles,added new injectors seals also

finished

Methanol plate fitted

lastly the Ttrs lpfp fitted and vcds checked and all is well again ;)
Loving how the car now feels,the throttle is very responsive and was like driving it for the first time trying to get the pedal right lol
the only thing i was expecting was a nice burble and popping when letting off the accelerator which the rfd delete usually gives,wasnt happening on mine :( maybe it wasnt in the revo map as theyve not had a map for the rfd cold start issues like i had on the cupra's Apr map,the cupra sounded awesome

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members