My Cupra R ST ABT (UK version)

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
4DB37C33-0061-4C0E-996D-23483E3ED1F6.jpeg
35E33518-68FA-41AB-A83F-2A11C64E4902.jpeg
52366773-BBA7-4668-A488-24E6AC4110BC.jpeg
46775789-ABF4-406E-8945-6C7364DDB545.jpeg
Well it’s been a long journey to get here, but sat on my drive is an ABT Cupra R ST.

I’ve made a thread just to post some thoughts because as most you will probably have seen I’ve been participating in several threads relating to this car and don’t really know which one to post in !! So I made my own.

Anyone else who gets one feel free to add your thoughts in here.
I had to make a new thread for the UK versions because sadly they are lesser in spec (more later) than the EU version (again) but we do get the warrantied ABT.

So the car is a thing of utter beauty, in the flesh it is INCREDIBLE.
Pictures cannot do it justice.

It drives fantastic and you’d expect and even not exceeding 4-4-5k rpm if goes like stink and remains planted to the road.
My pal who drove me to the dealers today in his Merc 63 could not keep up coming off roundabouts onto dual carriageway on the way home (granted he would catch up on a longer road...but we’d be far over the legal limit by then anyway lol).

Interior is nice, seats are amazing.
It’s only done 28miles but there is some nice sounds coming from the rear already !!

It terms of spec, sadly my fears are confirmed the UK gets a dumbed down version for reasons only known to Seat.
No Adaptive Cruise.
No High Beam Assist.
No Traffic Recognition.
No Lane Assist.
No Beats Audio.
No Michelin Cup 2 Tyres (we get Conti 5p)

However after driving the thing... I don’t care about the above. It’s just so much fun to drive, handles great, sounds great, looks great.. I’m still pinching myself it’s here sat on my drive !!!!!!

Apparently I’m the first private UK owner on the road with one ?!?!?

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
View attachment 7952 View attachment 7949 View attachment 7950 View attachment 7951 Well it’s been a long journey to get here, but sat on my drive is an ABT Cupra R ST.

I’ve made a thread just to post some thoughts because as most you will probably have seen I’ve been participating in several threads relating to this car and don’t really know which one to post in !! So I made my own.

Anyone else who gets one feel free to add your thoughts in here.
I had to make a new thread for the UK versions because sadly they are lesser in spec (more later) than the EU version (again) but we do get the warrantied ABT.

So the car is a thing of utter beauty, in the flesh it is INCREDIBLE.
Pictures cannot do it justice.

It drives fantastic and you’d expect and even not exceeding 4-4-5k rpm if goes like stink and remains planted to the road.
My pal who drove me to the dealers today in his Merc 63 could not keep up coming off roundabouts onto dual carriageway on the way home (granted he would catch up on a longer road...but we’d be far over the legal limit by then anyway lol).

Interior is nice, seats are amazing.
It’s only done 28miles but there is some nice sounds coming from the rear already !!

It terms of spec, sadly my fears are confirmed the UK gets a dumbed down version for reasons only known to Seat.
No Adaptive Cruise.
No High Beam Assist.
No Traffic Recognition.
No Lane Assist.
No Beats Audio.
No Michelin Cup 2 Tyres (we get Conti 5p)

However after driving the thing... I don’t care about the above. It’s just so much fun to drive, handles great, sounds great, looks great.. I’m still pinching myself it’s here sat on my drive !!!!!!

Apparently I’m the first private UK owner on the road with one ?!?!?
Wow that thing is beautiful. Love the colour! Enjoy it you'll definitely turn heads when driving it and a few people may try to race you just try not to leave them too far behind haha

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kanyewest

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
STUNNING
Would not miss those extras.
My Brother had them and dealer said you will switch them all off after a month.
AND he did
Do like ACC tho

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Are the "R" and "ABT" badges standard or did you have to ask / buy them yourself?

CovFC87

Mar 29, 2019
Also really like the bronze alloys and cupra lettering. Nice mate!

Sent from my Razer using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Cup2 tires all I would say is keep your eyes open there are often good deals going for Michelin tyres in the UK and i have certainly seen a lot of people selling there's as they would rather the PS4S for road use.

Very nice car

One other thought if you have the correct sensors on board you should be able to code the traffic sign recognition using VCDS/OBD11 at no cost.

Reactions: Slickric21

KernelOkey

Dec 18, 2018
Cup2 tires all I would say is keep your eyes open there are often good deals going for Michelin tyres in the UK and i have certainly seen a lot of people selling there's as they would rather the PS4S for road use.
Yes I sold my Cup2 and have PS4S.

bgb

Jan 22, 2019
Yes I sold my Cup2 and have PS4S.

Very nice car

One other thought if you have the correct sensors on board you should be able to code the traffic sign recognition using VCDS/OBD11 at no cost.

There was a link posted this morning for 10% at Blackcircles in another thread.

The colour both @KernelOkey @Slickric21 have landed on is stunning! Looks almost wet to touch?

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Awesome looking piece of kit :cool:
Is it my eyesight, or have you already modded it? (by removing the dealer sticker in the rear window)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Very nice car

Sadly he doesn’t have the right sensors :(

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Awesome looking piece of kit :cool:
Is it my eyesight, or have you already modded it? (by removing the dealer sticker in the rear window)

Hahaha dealer stickers have now been removed ;)

Sadly he doesn’t have the right sensors :(

Yeah that’s a shame. The only real downside of the day, especially after @AndrewJB had said the car *did* have ACC after his dinner with the Seat/Cupra guys the other day !!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.