My first mod !!

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Well today i received a package that contained my first mod for my FL Cupra. Ive told myself that im not doing anything big to it for at least 3 years (dont want to ruin the warranty !! :D) but i am allowing myself to do small things.

I saw on another thread about some LED rear number plate lights and i quite liked them, and for £12 it was worth ago. I put them in this morning but have only had chance to look at them now as its dark, and to say im pleased is an understatement !! :D These should have come as standard !!

Picture001-3.jpg

My next small mod will have to be a Forge BOV spacer. Its cheap, and can be easily fitted/removed within minutes (or so ive read !! :D)

Btw, i still cant get used to how quick the Cupra is!! It shocks me each time i put my foot down !! Im loving it!!! :drive1:

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Love your FL Cupra and the Led number plate bulbs. Do these bring up any errors on the canbus system or are they special Leds? I may go for some at that price as the yellowy ones do look naff. Where did you get them from?

I had a blast this afternoon and I still love the power in standard form and I had my Cupra just over 2 years now.

Enjoy......

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Oh by the way I would remove any pics of your car showing the number plate. Your car could be up for sale or someone could clone your car to commit a crime. Its always best to be safe these days.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
cheers mate !! :D

nope, they are the proper ones that dont bring up any errors. i got them from ebay, heres the item number 320431408125 !! very good seller, and super quick delivery !!

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
hi tommy, the new lights really look awsum, so awsum in fact that im on ebay right now :p just wondering if you know if all the leon models have the canbus system? sadly with the mileage i do a cupra would cripple my bank balance so i drive the tdi 140

Cupra-cal

Aug 30, 2008
Penicuik
they look well smart!![B)] would thse work on a m1 leon? you got an ebay link for them as tried item number and wouldnt work?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
they look well smart!![B)] would thse work on a m1 leon? you got an ebay link for them as tried item number and wouldnt work?

They would work but you dont need Can-Bus specific bulbs so save yourself some money and Buy the Cheaper standard LED ones

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Cheers for the item no. I've just bought some. I will wait until the car is MOT'd in March until I fit them just in case. I took my front ones out when I had my car in at Seat for one of the misted up headlamps. I'm still waiting a response over 3 months ago.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members