My FR TDI Leon has gone.

stokeballoon

Dec 29, 2006
Deepest Darkest Somerset
Hi all,

Just a short message to say that I have sold my Leon, sold it for several reasons, lots of minor ones which meant i didn't really enjoy the car.

Nothing to do with the build etc, but I didn't get on with the engine, my style of driving is very much petrol (turbo) experienced.

I wasn't doing the miles to warrant the diesel, so let it go. lost a bit of money, but then I got the replacement at a decent price so not bad there.

The main reason was having a life check, caused by a bereavement in the family. i have always liked the look of the MK5 GTI Golf, so yesterday bought a ED30 3 months old and 1000 miles, for a very very good price.

So I will get back here at time to time, so thanks for the stay and have fun.

Take care

Dave R:D

Neil27

Feb 14, 2008
Lincoln
Steel Grey Metallic. Very very nice colour!

:D

Hi Dave,
Brother in law has the GTI 30 year special edition and its a fantastic car to be honest. He does keep bitching about the fuel though, mind you he did change from an Audi 140TDI....:rolleyes:....and he does like to 'give it some' now and again!!
Nice car mate....:thumbup:
Cheers, Neil.

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
would you mind letting us know how much you got for your FR TDi and how much you paid for the ed30?

They are definately a nice car, I was talking to a fella who had one the other day - his was £24k with all the kit he wanted, at that price I would have stretched the exra 1k for an R32. He also said they are sore on petrol.

Resale value is something which worries me, if I had to get rid of it before it was 3years old..

stokeballoon

Dec 29, 2006
Deepest Darkest Somerset
My car was 9 months old May 07, I managed to get 14.5k from a dealer, to be honest I just wanted rid of it, I found the ride very very uncomfortable on Somerset Roads, the DPF played up at times, and it started stalling for no reason at lights.

The test drive was lovely as well, I am sure they changed the dampers on the demo!! Anyway i tried it, gave it a good go, but as i say life is too short, and i like to enjoy my cars, you know the feeling.

I am paying 19K for the Ed 30 - Private buy. 1000miles , 3 months old, good spec, but not as high as my Leon (no Xenons!)

stokeballoon

Dec 29, 2006
Deepest Darkest Somerset
someone will get a good car there, if the DPF is sorted, which i believe will be done by the dealer.

It has Xenons, sunroof, BT, Con pack, winter pack, 18's and Ipod al in Luna Grey.

8500 miles, not sure how they will pass it on for, but expect about 16k

LeonGTI

Back to the green pump...
Jan 16, 2008
Warwickshire
Good choice on the ed30 mate, I drove a DSG ED30 at GTI International last year and also MK5 R32 on the drag strip, the R32 was quicker off the line as 4WD but top speed was higher with ED30 by some margin and really flew once moving! Perfect smooth power delivery with DSG compared to manual R32, where it was obvious as to where the gear changes were (got graphical print outs for both)!

Really had to rev the R32 but Ed30 was effortless.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.