My Leon MK2 TFSI has to go, passat r36 to replace

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Any pics of it with the facelift tailgate? Also how easy was it to fit the auto dim mirror?

Nice Leon anyway, looks similar to mine

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Facelift Tailgate/Boot Fitted

Hey guys so Ive fitted the tailgate, not the best to do, wires are different and I still need to change a few bits over, I am aware that it does not line up right at the moment but I have not taken great care in lining it up as the boot will be removed again soon to be sprayed along with other parts. This is just been fitted as a temporary fix as my glass in the boot was smashed. I thought instead of getting the glass replaced I would go for a facelift tailgate.

any questions please do ask
see photos below

SMASHED GLASS ON TAILGATE:cry:

NEW TAILGATE

STRIPING DOWN THE INTERIOR TO EXPOSE BOLTS AND WIRING

TAILGATE REMOVED

NEW TAILGATE FITTING

TAILGATE FITTED :p

mynameisdonald

Whats the difference between the original tailgate you had and the silver one?

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Parrot Asteroid Smart Fitted

Ok, fitted My Parrot Asteroid Smart a while back, Such a great bit of kit and would recommend it to anyone, Its a double din unit with loads of functions and features including, voice recognition, sat nav, iPod and IPad compatible, Reverse camera ready and many other apps you can download.

Was a pain to fit, having to route wires to the handbrake for the use of apps and also routing a wire and camera to the rear of the car so the reverse camera is ready to go when I install it.

Have a look at the photos below for thoughts :)

IN ITS BOX :)

THE PROCESS OF FITTING

UNIT IN A WORKING

UNIT INSTALLED

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Revo stage 1 remapped

And The Main and best mod I have done was at GTI International, I couldn't resist knowing it was 20% off, Although it was still expensive, I got My car Remapped with A REVO Stage 1 bringing it up to 240bhp :thumbup: it was also done by LVS Racing. What a Great bunch of guys all very welcoming and helpful. Unlike most of the other remapping stands at the show.

When I first drove the car away I wasn't happy with the way the car drove at all, It felt practically the same, so a few day later I called Patrick at LVS who was very helpful. After a long discussion I was instructed to change the diverter valve which I'm now fully aware of it being a common fault with the TFSI engine.

Heres a couple shot of the new and old diverter valve

So after changing that I was amazed with the gains and couldn't believe that valve with minor splits in the diaphragm could make such a huge difference. I also at the time fitted My forge dump valve spacer which I have now removed as I personally think it sounds ridiculous. Even under very light throttle then letting of the thing would still make a very loud hiss,So decided to remove it which is what I did today.

So overall Very Happy with the gain and how it drives now, I have even notice the fuel economy is a tad better too.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.