My Leon MK2 TFSI has to go, passat r36 to replace

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Thanks dude, lights were easy to do just need a very bits to get them working they also need coding so the car knows there installed

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
Wow what a difference you've made to the car, love the facelift tailgate and lights. Would love to do that, the led interior lights must have taken you forever.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I want some of those Fr 550 bucket seats, damn they look far better than my standard Fr seats...

I've been looking @ Vxr seats you can get front and rears for around £800.00, but as I'd only need the fronts the rears could get moved on, the main concern is having to get the Vxr seats retrimed as it all adds up....

Loving what you've done thou, its pushed me into re spraying my facelift centre console and speedo surround as mine was a little ruf before but is now all piano black....

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
Amazing Transformation! makes me all the more eager to get my hands on a genuine BTCC kit!

Danny-

Jan 2, 2013
Peterborough, Uk
Wow I must say a amazing transformation.
You must love the Xeon lights now ;) I find it hard to drive a car with out them since I had them on my FR :)

Love the car. Foot well lights look great never understood why the Higher end Leon's never came with them :(

I guess you just wire them into the door sensor?

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
Thanks for the praise, the footwell lights are wired up to a control unit under the drivers footwell, I have also done a few other little mods just need to take some photos so watch this space

Cheers

Last edited:

Wilson1790

I've got the FR and its disgustingly high, I want to lower mine, sort out the horrendous sound system, remap and sort an exhaust :D

Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
KO4 turbo etc fitted

So Another big update now for the car.

I have just spent the last week carrying out a k04 conversion on the car, it took a lot of time and effort but it all paid off!

so I started by taking the inlet manifold of ready for the big s3 injectors, only to find the obvious fault of the inlet valves being in an absolute state! Check out the photos, to clean them up I turn the engine over by hand until the valves were shut in each port then i filled the ports with neat petrol to soak and then scrapped out the deposits in the morning, the outcome was brilliant and couldn't be happier.

[URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/rodie121/media/Leona%20the%202nd/IMG_2333_zps0020750f.jpg.html]
[URL=http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/rodie121/media/Leona%20the%202nd/IMG_2336_zpsea499576.jpg.html]
IMG_2333_zps0020750f.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_2325_zps2201c021.jpg
[/URL]

So i was a little nervous changing the injectors as they are so delicate and i was a little worried if the injectors i had received were actually ok. I also bought new fitting kits to ten quid per injector from TPS. At the same time of having the manifold of i changed the fuel pressure valve to a rs4 valve.

Then was the auto tech uprated internals of fuel pump, wasn't sure how to do this as i didn't receive a guide but luckily I found a guide on a forum! so much money for what is just a bit of metal!

I then had the turbo to change which wasn't to bad it was just knowing how to go about things, the hardest part was lifting the turbo out the back of the engine (bloody heavy), i changed all the pipes for intercooler to and also sorted the k04 diverter relocation and extended the wiring loom.
Broke KO3

KO4

Finally i fitted the revo race intake (powder coated) which was a doddle. I also carried out a oil and filter change ready for the map the following morning.

I took the car to TSR Performance in Bridgewater where they remapped the car to stage 3 :) they also put the car on there rolling road and it made 331BHP for a that use to be 185BHP i am very chuffed.

I then had the honour of taking the car home !!!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2011
Somerset
So after having the car stage 3 mapped after about 1000 miles the clutch started to slip, I hunted around for ages on what clutch I should get and whether I should get a SMF or DMF.
In the end I went for a LUK duallmass flywheel, and a stage 2 performace clutch from sach.

I manage to find a part worn SACHS performance clutch online, as dodgy as it sounds i did have my doubts about it too. Ive just fitted it and took it for a good drive and the clutch is holding very well, so overall im happy with a 300 quid saving!

Photos of the new kit below

OLD

NEW

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise