My motoring year

ENTERNAMEHERE

Well that was an interesting year. There have been grins and tears!

First Vauxhall for me, good build, pretty shocking steering until I fitted a Whiteline RARB which should have been fitted from new.

DSCF17812.jpg

DSCF1862.jpg

Was taken in by sound of the V6, but not by the handling or build quality. Nasty DSG was a nightmare, had a mind of its own.

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF1979.jpg

Was taken in by the build, engine and the fact that in my eyes it was the only car I desired...NEVER MEET YOUR HERO!...16 shock absorbers in 3 months!

DSCF2188.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

Returned the RS4, walked along the road to Vauxhall and 2hrs later drove this away. Great little car, punchy, quick, justa bit too small.

DSCF2257.jpg

IMG00838-20091004-1136.jpg

Now I have a Platinum grey LCR. So far so good. Hope to keep it a bit longer than the others.

IMG00875-20091018-1118.jpg

IMG00876-20091018-1118.jpg

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
I want your job/CC/bank!! Haha, fair play to you fella, nice little range of cars in a year!!

Hope this one fairs better for you!

Jimski

ENTERNAMEHERE

wow, an rs4 to a corsa vxr LOL absoloute wank they are lol. Wish i had that kind of money :(

Really enjoyed the Corsa, handled well which was surprising for a Vauxhall. Yeah I got some stick from others in the office for my chosen path. It did put the fun back into driving. 6000 trouble free miles, which was 5500 more than the RS4 managed in between new shocks :cry:

If it wasnt for the shocks I'd probably still have the RS, although once the DRC and engine issues become public knowledge the prices are going to drop bit style.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Really enjoyed the Corsa, handled well which was surprising for a Vauxhall. Yeah I got some stick from others in the office for my chosen path. It did put the fun back into driving. 6000 trouble free miles, which was 5500 more than the RS4 managed in between new shocks :cry:

If it wasnt for the shocks I'd probably still have the RS, although once the DRC and engine issues become public knowledge the prices are going to drop bit style.

Ive drove all the hot hatches apart from the R32 and new mk6 gti. The clio 182 handles and goes much better i think, the 197 clio also handles **** hot. I dont like the VXR rage one bit handling is wooly.

Jun 10, 2009
Newbury
Nice selection! I'm just a bit supprised you've gone from cars in such a dramatic price range to a 55 reg lcr what happened? ie rs4 to a lcr?

Not saying the LCR'S a bad car as i've got one too and love it lol

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland

You didn't know about the DRC issues before buying this?
Or the 4.2 V8 issues?
How much investigations did you do prior to buying the cars?
I find your car changes very strange but have never owned any of them motors so cannot really comment.

ENTERNAMEHERE

You didn't know about the DRC issues before buying this?
Or the 4.2 V8 issues?
How much investigations did you do prior to buying the cars?
I find your car changes very strange but have never owned any of them motors so cannot really comment.

Why strange?...theres no rule book. If we all went through life reading the EVO reviews and stats we'd all be driving BMW 335d's. I like all cars for different reasons. Where you gain in one area you usually lose out in another though. RS4 was nice but I do a lot of driving round the Scottish Borders for which its not the best experience, too wide and 1.6 tonne (Physics wins!). The R32 sounded nice but was soft and unreliable, not DSG Mechatronic issues out there apart from the 3.2 TT's and I assumed they would have fixed the issue. The Astra VXR was good but uninvolving thats all, RARB tightened things up but in the end I fancied the R32 next.

As for doing my homework before the RS4 purchase. I bought the RS4 back in Feb this year. The FSi carbon build-up issue was only just becoming public knowledge, only a few guy's on RS246 has experienced any problems. I assumed my Audi approved 6k mile example would be fine for a while. The DRC issue count was at 71 so I took a gamble. In the end I returned the car under the Sale of Goods Act and received all of my money back, after a bit of a bun fight. After so much hastle with the Audi I just wanted something simple so went for the Corsa. It was a spur of the moment purchase. I needed a car and National Car Rental wouldnt have anything for 4.5 hrs, so I bought the Corsa on the spot. Pre-reg, bought with 40 miles on the clock for £13,750 and sold it for £13,100. You cant even hire a car for 4 months for £650. A very reliable car with a bit of poke and it was good fun. In the end though, just a bit too small. I had an LCR210 back in 2003 which was very reliable hence why I've bought another. No point having a fancy car if it's in the dealership half the time.

Trust me, you're not the first to question my purchases and you wont be the last. I should just rent cars to stop me getting bored. I see Enterprise Car Rental have a Daewoo Matiz for £11 per day!

But for now I'm happy with the LCR :D

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Why strange?...theres no rule book. If we all went through life reading the EVO reviews and stats we'd all be driving BMW 335d's. I like all cars for different reasons. Where you gain in one area you usually lose out in another though. RS4 was nice but I do a lot of driving round the Scottish Borders for which its not the best experience, too wide and 1.6 tonne (Physics wins!). The R32 sounded nice but was soft and unreliable, not DSG Mechatronic issues out there apart from the 3.2 TT's and I assumed they would have fixed the issue. The Astra VXR was good but uninvolving thats all, RARB tightened things up but in the end I fancied the R32 next.

As for doing my homework before the RS4 purchase. I bought the RS4 back in Feb this year. The FSi carbon build-up issue was only just becoming public knowledge, only a few guy's on RS246 has experienced any problems. I assumed my Audi approved 6k mile example would be fine for a while. The DRC issue count was at 71 so I took a gamble. In the end I returned the car under the Sale of Goods Act and received all of my money back, after a bit of a bun fight. After so much hastle with the Audi I just wanted something simple so went for the Corsa. It was a spur of the moment purchase. I needed a car and National Car Rental wouldnt have anything for 4.5 hrs, so I bought the Corsa on the spot. Pre-reg, bought with 40 miles on the clock for £13,750 and sold it for £13,100. You cant even hire a car for 4 months for £650. A very reliable car with a bit of poke and it was good fun. In the end though, just a bit too small. I had an LCR210 back in 2003 which was very reliable hence why I've bought another. No point having a fancy car if it's in the dealership half the time.

Trust me, you're not the first to question my purchases and you wont be the last. I should just rent cars to stop me getting bored. I see Enterprise Car Rental have a Daewoo Matiz for £11 per day!

But for now I'm happy with the LCR :D

The matiz will put them all to shame :cartman: