My order for Candy White FR TFSI (man)

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I placed my order with the STEALER (Cheshunt Motor Company) a short while ago but they are seriously lacking when it comes to providing info about my order, pricings on accessories etc, I cant get them to reply. They even gave me the wrong build date on my car, now I dont even have one yet.

It is because I have placed my order they are taking me for granted?

A lot of you guys seem to be lucky that your dealers will let you test-drive for a few hours or a few days in some cases, I cant even get my dealer to get me a FR TFSI to drive at all, I am buying this car on faith.

I am considering cancelling my order and going to another dealer. Because I want a Candy White FR I am guessing/hoping that other dealers across the country have had cancellations for orders and might have a Candy White FR that they arent able to shift off their forecourt.

If anyone knows of such a dealer can they please let me know, I will buy it off that dealer them and cancel my current order in Cheshunt

Many thanks in advance

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
The first candy white cars are literally just coming into the country now as it wasn't an option until arlier this year so the first builds have only just been completed in recent weeks.

On that basis, given the candy white appears to be a sought after colour, I would be very surprised if a dealer had one sat on the forecourt that hasn't been sold.

If the dealer was that bad, how come you placed an order yesterday, why not look at other dealers then?

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I placed my order on 17 March (not yesterday) but was given wrong info, still dont have a build date.

When dealers place an order for a Candy White they are obligated to buy the car from SEAT, even when the buyer cancels the order, which is why I thought some dealers might not have buyers for some, people cancel orders all the time.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I know, i didnt think it would take so long to get a build date. So many ppl on this site seem to get loads of info from their dealer, I get nothing :cry: .

Oh well, I guess I will just have to relax and not let it stress me out I guess.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
I kind of thought Cheshunt were supposed to be a reasonable dealer too.

Not easy for you to relax though as really you would be expeting it in a couple of months now, but then if it isn't on the system, how long are you talking.

Deffo push the dealer hard and point your finger at them as you're talking!!

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Yes I know what you mean but I can get really arsy so maybe I better stay out the way before I say/do something I will regret :shrug: .

Apparently the order is on the system at the SEAT factory but my dealer doesnt seem too motivated to find out about the status of my order, makes me feel like he is doing me a huge favour each time I ask him for anything.

I should really have ordered my car from Coupers in St Albans, the blokes there are really keen to give you the big sell. Thats where I bought my LCR from but Cheshunt is closer.

I am sure that on the day I collect my lovely Candy White FR that all the stress of the previous weeks will be gone and forgotten.

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
It's just so frustrating for you. But the thing is that it is a lot of money too,not like you're trying to trace a laptop you've ordered or something. The dealer needs to be doing more for you really.

I was lucky when I ordered mine. I assumed I was going to have to wait three to four months which was fine. But our sales chap who is fab saw one in the spec I wanted that had just been built that hadn't been allocated anywhere. We were also toying with a Stylance with the sports pack on and again there were a few already sitting in the UK unallocated. Would have found it hard waiting for months.

My husband also bought a new car that day, one that wasin the showroom. Cars ordered on the 3rd of February, our on the 1st of March!

Will have my fingers crossed for you.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Thanks, you are too kind. I am assuming you have received your FR then, on your profile it says arriving 1st March?

I am glad to be going back to a SEAT. I love my little Smart 44 Brabus but love the feel of a bigger car, I really regretted selling my lovely Cupra R225.

I am sure my friends and family will be ecstatic when I finally get the car, then I can stop boring them by talking about it all the time.

S

CupraDaft

Jun 8, 2002
Scotland
Visit site
Must change my signature really.

Yes, we both got our cars on the 1st of March.

What I will say is that I think you will love it when you get it. The car does really look fab. Mine is the TDi and it doesn't have shift. I think the TFSi will just be awesome!

Keep us posted on how you're getting on.

Got my fingers crossed for you that you get some news soon.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Thanks, I will do. I am looking forward to getting my TFSI, its supposed to be a really good engine as well.

i am sure you are making the most of yours as well :lol:

Oh well back to work, better think about something else for a change

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
I placed my order with the STEALER (Cheshunt Motor Company)

This is my local Stealer too. I'm not completely confident in them at all. My Cupra came with scratched bumber, a slit in the leather on the steering wheel, and 40 miles on the clock.. They are going to replace the parts, but what else don't I know about?! Bought mine without a test drive, and had a test drive 2 weeks before mine arrived. Feel sorry for the poor bloke that they probably sold it to for full price the amount of stick it gets on those test drives..

Next closest was on the A406, but haven't been there, so can't comment. Will be a pain getting there for a service though, as its a busy junction.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
You are right, A406 is pretty manic. Maybe try Coupers in St Albans. Traffic can be a bit crazy but the dealer is right around the corner from Town Centre, so plenty to do if you are waiting for your car to be worked on.

Am a bit disillusioned with Cheshunt, once I get my car will be taking it to Coupers at least I get timely responses.

Anyway whinge over. I have a build date for my car, next week sometime (Nothing more specific than that) but I dont know if they were fobbing me off with any old date to keep me happy.

I wouldnt recommend Cheshunt Motor Company to anyone, go to Coupers.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Hmmm very strange, I bought my vehicle from there and got excellent service from them. My best mate bought a car from there and experienced the same.

I guess they may be losing the plot.

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
I had 3 people dealing with me there, with sales staff changes. I'm not 1 to judge the new guy too soon.. But you would expect someone with some experience to be around to help out a bit more often.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Thats true, you think someone would take the lead but I have been made to feel like I have been an inconvenience, the guy jokingly (not) said I should limit my questions to 2 emails a week. I only sent him 3 because he didnt reply to my first one and I needed a response asap, I was not amused.

Anyway I just want to get it over with and get my car asap, I am not going to let myself get worked up but I wont be using them again thats for sure.

belgarion

Cupra07
Mar 13, 2007
Waltham Abbey
I am not going to let myself get worked up but I wont be using them again thats for sure.

My car had small defects that they are still to arrange to fix, like split in leather steering wheel and chip on the bumper thats alreayd been filled before I collected it! Not happy..

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi Seadragon popped into my dealer in Kent yesterday. Two weeks to go for my Candy FR!! Just picking up on your problems you have had with your dealer and talking to the guy I deal with he has located a Candy White FR TDI which is over here as yet not sold and also a Candy White Cupra ready for sale over here too. :think:

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Hey Stu, not long now, bet you cant wait. I am told mine is being built next week, so not too much longer for me either, I am just over halfway now since I placed my order.

Thanks for the order. I am wanting a FR TFSI. I cant justify paying the extra money for the Cupra, so guess I will have to wait :cry: . I am more or less accepted my face now.

I went for my first test drive in the FR TFSI yesterday at ANOTHER dealer and it was worth the trip to St Albans, the car is amazing. It was in red but they also had a yellow one. Am glad I am choosing the Candy White but the Red would have been my 2nd choice, the yellow colour lacks depth, looks like it would fade easily over time.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise