My plans, what do you think?

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
Here are my plans, in order. Due to commence about march of next year.

Buy a Red 130 TDi. Looking at spending 6-7k so I should net a good'un.

Remap It (leaning towards CC but I'll do more research at the time)

Buy A set of 17" OZ Superturismo's in white and shod them with good tyres.

Uprate the pads and discs all round and paint calipers red.

Mufflerectomy it as well as PD160 airbox and Green Panel filter.

Tint the windows lightly all round as well as the rear lights. Debadge it.

Take everything I like from a Cupra interior and apply it to my car.

Install a pair of 10" Subs in the boot in what will be my finest install work.

Fit a FMIC and a Sachs Clutch Kit and remap it again. (Am I right in thinking most companies will offer discount for the 2nd one?)

Fit a Cupra Front bumper.

Lower it all round

Sit back and admire what I think will be a fking good looking car. What do you all think? Any recommendations for each stage of the design?

(Obviously you can see I'm fitting half a Cupra to my car and I am leaning towards getting one in the first place and I'm going to declare everything to insurance anyway - so that may change)

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
ok i'll aim for a cupra then.

Same plans, minus the bumper, FMIC, and second remap.

NOW what do people think (must admit, I like them more already)

Deleted member 13581

Sounds good if you get the Cupra.

No point spending all the money when there is something out there that comes with half the stuff you listed already.

Will be good to see it unfold.

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
I have a sneaky suspicion that red ones are faster. (also that I cant spell)

I just want to go for the red car with white wheels look. Also red calipers. And I may take to changing a few interior details too.

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I was reading that thinking.......why not get a Cupra??.......glad that is what others think.

Then by all means re-map it, tint it, stick some bass in the boot and and some different alloys on it.
A much quicker route to the same outcome I would have thought? Have fun!

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Dave I'm inclined to agree, buy a Cupra, don't remap it for at least a year, spend your money on better things and enjoy it :)

When you are actually looking, let me know and I'll come with you :)

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I know Dave personally and I know he doesn't need 200bhp on tap all the time. The standard 160 will feel quick enough compared to what he has now, even a standard 130 will be an improvement! (no offence intended Dave, but you know what I mean) I run mine at 160 all the time now, its more than sufficient and doesn't stress the transmission.

Also I know Northampton and I know driving a remapped Cupra round town and such isn't a good idea. I've blipped the throttle in 2nd and seen 50.

I think its good to wait for the remap, you may as well wait til you're used to/bored of the standard power.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I know Dave personally and I know he doesn't need 200bhp on tap all the time. The standard 160 will feel quick enough compared to what he has now, even a standard 130 will be an improvement! (no offence intended Dave, but you know what I mean) I run mine at 160 all the time now, its more than sufficient and doesn't stress the transmission.

Also I know Northampton and I know driving a remapped Cupra round town and such isn't a good idea. I've blipped the throttle in 2nd and seen 50.

I think its good to wait for the remap, you may as well wait til you're used to/bored of the standard power.

Not such a bad idea to not remap at this stage if your already making a big leap in power from your previous car.

No get it remapped immediately, you know you want to! :D

It's all well and good us all talking the lad into it, but he's gotta keep the thing on the road once he's done it and if he's coming from a 1.4 or less into a Cupra thats not gonna be the easiest thing to do with all that extra power on tap. [B)]

gazjones

red is the fastest in the fr anyway only one car was quicker than mine off scn and that was a cupra in yellow. i would go for the cupra it might cost 1500 more but bumpers painted will be around 500 quid fmic 700 breakes are loads better as you will need to uprate 130 ones if doing the mods you say. thats another 300. plus the cupra has slightly bigger turbo than 130 so can get more performance from it from a remap. so you wont be out of pocket really if you buy a cupra

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.