My poor Ibizas electrics!

fishlover900

Dec 5, 2006
Hi everyone,

Ive had a couple of problems with my car recently so i thought id share it with you all!

Firstly my cars been pulling to the left so i finally took it into the garage to get the tracking done which as slightly out but it didnt make much difference but one of my tyres was nearly worn through so i had it replaced which fixed that problem.

Then i went out a few days later and found that the car had gone flat. So i charged it up and it went flat again. Then after the next charge after plugging in the battery the doors would lock and unlock themselves several times before staying unlocked and if i tried to lock it it would unlock again.

Then i noticed that the rear heater switches light was staying on even when the car was turned off. Even with the car was off if i turned the rear heater switch on anything that comes on with one turn of the key would come on like the fans and wipers.

So off i went to the garage again where they told me it was my ground cable on my sub causing it and they said i needed to buy a ground cable to go from it it straight to the battery!!! Well i didnt do that so i just took all the subs and amps out.

Well the car behaived itself for about two days till the doors would unlock themselves which wasnt very useful when i needed i leave it at work all day. So i founs the wire controlling the lock going into the front doors and unplugged. That solved the problem but meant i didnt have central locking.

Then i went to fill up on petrol and found the petrol cap lock was on so i couldnt fill up!. So i had to wire the locks up again then open the petrol cap and unplugged it all again. Then the other day when it was rain alot i was drivin and when i got home i found the doors had locked themselves. Then i noticed that i had turned the rear heater on. so i turned it off.

that about it any ideas??

fishlover900

Dec 5, 2006
the cars old and not worth much so i dont wanna, im waitin for enough money toget a new one

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
try reprogramming the key,that helped me. errrm have u tried doing a search on here about the heater thing, I'm sure someone else must have asked this b4 mk2 electrics always seem to go wrong. or go electricians but just asked them, they should tell u for free what they "think" it might be. good luck.

oh and if u open the boot, on the side, there are little slashes in the interior behind that is a string that will open ur petrol cap.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.