My Problems with Formentor V2 Infotainment System

Aug 18, 2022
Turkey
Hey guys, I'm new around here and I was actually looking for information about Cupra Formentor Infotainment updates.

• Since I bought the car, I'm not able to connect Apple Car Play without cable. I tried every way (Connecting to car's wifi then bluetooth etc.) nothing works.
  • My car does not have built in navigation(maps) feature. The service said to me they can't update it.
  • I see OBD11 can open the wireless carplay. Does anyone tried that? I'm planning to do so if service does not update my car.
  • I had pruple screen error 2 times. When I close the car and wait for 2 min, It recovered itself.

My Car's İnfotainment Details;

Hardware: H56
Software: 1790
Display Unit Hardware: H42
Display Unit SOFTWARE: 6069
Media codec: 3.1.4

I will call service after I got your opinions/suggestions. What should I do? Does my car has an update?

Note: I'm from Turkey.

Thanks.

Naxterra

Apr 10, 2022
Hey guys, I'm new around here and I was actually looking for information about Cupra Formentor Infotainment updates.

• Since I bought the car, I'm not able to connect Apple Car Play without cable. I tried every way (Connecting to car's wifi then bluetooth etc.) nothing works.
  • My car does not have built in navigation(maps) feature. The service said to me they can't update it.
  • I see OBD11 can open the wireless carplay. Does anyone tried that? I'm planning to do so if service does not update my car.
  • I had pruple screen error 2 times. When I close the car and wait for 2 min, It recovered itself.

My Car's İnfotainment Details;

Hardware: H56
Software: 1790
Display Unit Hardware: H42
Display Unit SOFTWARE: 6069
Media codec: 3.1.4

I will call service after I got your opinions/suggestions. What should I do? Does my car has an update?

Note: I'm from Turkey.

Thanks.
Yes, there is a new update which was released recently. Version is 1898. If your service doesn't have that, then they can do 1896 update.

Aug 18, 2022
Turkey
I tried that not wokring. My Infotainment system is 12".
Yes, there is a new update which was released recently. Version is 1898. If your service doesn't have that, then they can do 1896 update.
I called the service yesterday, they said there is no update released for my car. I am really pissed off. Something is different in my car, I believe my formentor is one of the first productions for Turkey. So they didn't include Navigation app, wireless car play and some other features in its software.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
To tell you the truth I never tried that, I use so far the Android Auto with the usb cable connected since my phone always sits in the charging pocket, I also have the 12' screen, I will try and see but thinking of it again I believe that this was a flaw with the 12' infotainment compared to the 10' infotainment, the wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay is not working, only through the usb cable.

Oily

May 31, 2022
Hi... if it helps I only use Android Auto with the cable as I gave up trying to get it work with wireless connectivity. That being said my mobile is a Motorola and it on my list of things to change as it is nothing but trouble!
Cupra do have a list of fully compatible phones and mine isn't on it hence not persevering with the wireless option.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
so it has to be a compatible phone to work wirelessly with a 12' screen or any screen for that matter?

Oily

May 31, 2022
I would best guess that if something doesn't function correctly and your phone isn't on the list then you cannot prove if it is the car or phone at fault!
It does appear to a common issue so maybe there is more to it than just compatability.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Just checked mine, Android Auto only works with the usb cable, my phone is Xiaomi Redmi8 pro (older but very dependable and quick), android edition 11, however I don't care if not wireless while in the car, always in the charging pocket (even if not getting wirelessly charged), It also gets charged with the cable at the same time, so no big deal. One annoying thing ofcourse, when using Android Auto for some time it gets really hot when sitting in the pocket and if there is not a good satellite/internet connection you have these yellow warnings lights and messages flashing (without affecting the cars performance) because, from what I can think of, it loses connection with the Cupra app and its giving a false SOS signal.

pivko11

Jun 9, 2022
Regardless of the car you drive (Cupra, Toyota, Ferrari); Wireless Android Auto is available ONLY in certain countries.
In others it is available ONLY via cable.
Germany, UK, France - available...
Croatia, Greece... not available
I am not sure for Turkey, but I think not.

BR
P

Aug 18, 2022
Turkey
Regardless of the car you drive (Cupra, Toyota, Ferrari); Wireless Android Auto is available ONLY in certain countries.
In others it is available ONLY via cable.
Germany, UK, France - available...
Croatia, Greece... not available
I am not sure for Turkey, but I think not.

BR
P
Nope, wireless car play is active on new formentors in TR. I called the service and they're saying that there is no update call for my car. It's nosense. 2022 Formentors come with new software (navigation, wireless car play, translation fixes) but there is no update for my car. :cautious: