My Project

ImBenC

yeah it's really easy, takes 20 minutes!

hardest part is unplugging fogs & temp sensor !

because FR's have a side mounted intercooler the FR bumpers are designed to allow airflow to the side
the Cupra has a front mounted intercooler and therefore has a massive front grill and no side airflow, therefore if you have a SMIC do not fit a cupra bumper!
if you have upgraded to a FMIC then put a cupra one on to allow maximum airflow :D

One thing .Phase , ermmm does a 1.4 Sport have an intercooler? Its no turbo and is petrol. Just wondered cause I was having a look around couldn't find anything, thought it was me? Or am I just being stupid.
Also, the temp sensor, is that like outside temp sensor for the inside display?
Thanks mate, Ben.

ImBenC

Phew thought it was just me being a 17 year old goon. Might have got myself a bumper, just need to order the rear quarter and get that fitted.
Hoping to have it ready by end of summer rf860 :)

Dec 3, 2009
yeah no turbo = no intercooler :D

so you'll be fine with a cupra bumper as you only need front airflow

might be worth checking your air intake though see how you could improve that, if it comes from the front top of the bumper you'll be fine :D

ImBenC

yeah no turbo = no intercooler :D

so you'll be fine with a cupra bumper as you only need front airflow

might be worth checking your air intake though see how you could improve that, if it comes from the front top of the bumper you'll be fine :D

Thanks mate.
Yeah the air intake is at the front top of the bumper :)

Just took out the rear interior ready for the N/S Rear Quarter repair. Hope to have the quarter taken off by end of the week and new one on shortly after ;)

ImBenC

Woo finally 18 as well. And finally access to some more funding.
Time to buy spray gun, paint inside of doors and get the rest of the car prepped and primed ready for paint. Pics coming soon :)

ImBenC

how do you know how to do all of this work you are only 18 lol! (oh and happy birthday :D)

My Dad owned his own bodyshop for 25 years, everything I know is from work with him. Anything I don't know I ask him to show me, and the other stuff I just research and find out the best ways ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the happy birthday! Was awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
My Dad owned his own bodyshop for 25 years, everything I know is from work with him. Anything I don't know I ask him to show me, and the other stuff I just research and find out the best ways ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the happy birthday! Was awesome :D

Cool, so is that what you are going to do for a living? sounds fun! ps hope you didnt get too drunk :p

ImBenC

img00314201007151554.jpg

img00313201007151554.jpg

Will need rotating to the left on these :p
img00312201007151553.jpg

img00311201007151553.jpg

The back of my car :(
img00310201007151552.jpg

img00309201007151552.jpg

img00308201007151552.jpg

img00307201007151552.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

ImBenC

Cool, so is that what you are going to do for a living? sounds fun! ps hope you didnt get too drunk :p

Nahhh, Im a full time student studying IT. And I ahve a part time job in a call centre selling Identity Protection.
This is just work on the side which is why its taking me so long :)
And noo the drunkness comes tomorrow night :D

ImBenC

^^^ Thanks danielc16

Front end rebuilt, new Water rad + air con rad fitted.
Bought the grills ready for when I find a bumper.

New quarter also arrived hope to have that ready by mid week.

Still need main bumper grill (the one with the SEAT badge) and a Facelift Front bumper.

Pics soon