Radiator Protection?

Feb 18, 2024
Is the very open front grille an issue with damage to the radiator that seems very open to the elements? Whilst looking at prospective cars myself and a workmate were thinking it could be a possible issue with stones getting through the wide spaces of the front grille and hitting the radiator easily behind? I only do 8,000-10,000 miles a year but around two thirds to three quarters is motorway driving to/from work so am just having visions of having to replace the radiator annually. :p

Do you all fit some form of mesh in front of the radiator or are we just over thinking things unnecessarily? :)

LetsForment

Nov 28, 2022
South East England
Iirc, Audi and Ford have had a lot of problems with stones and such damaging radiators. I had a rs6 get a rad change twice under warranty. A company issue modeo had the same in 2007. Always on the M25 fwiw.

Feb 18, 2024
Indeed dashy, I've been driving since 1984 and have never suffered a damaged rad.
I was thinking more about how exposed the radiator is on the Fermentor compared to any other car I’ve had in the previous 30 years.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.