My rear parking sensors have disappeared

Steven Newbutt

Oct 21, 2018
Hi All

I had my bumper replaced in January due to a slight rear end shunt on my Altea XL Ecomotive 2013
Noticed last week that one of the rear parking sensors had disappeared
Tapped the next one along and it too fell into the bumper
Now all four have fallen in
I have tried connecting the garage who did the repair. They had been around for years but this week they have gone under
So it looks like I have to fix it myself

My question is do I have to remove the bumper to re-attach the sensors or is there a way through underneath?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Last edited:

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate yes you’d need to remove the bumper and probably have to bond or glue them back on by the sounds of it they were only glued back on and I’m guessing the heat from the last few weeks are taken it’s toll on the glue and they’ve fell out after putting your finger threw the bumper hole.

Steven Newbutt

Oct 21, 2018
Hi mate yes you’d need to remove the bumper and probably have to bond or glue them back on by the sounds of it they were only glued back on and I’m guessing the heat from the last few weeks are taken it’s toll on the glue and they’ve fell out after putting your finger threw the bumper hole.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion
All I need now is a good set of instructions.
Tried a couple of towbar people but one set of instructions made it look like the bumper floats away from the can in a mystical fashion
Not much help

Cheers

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Try this link
Not sure if this is the same car as yours tho but it’s basically the same for most vag.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.