My rescued MK1 Seat Leon

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
hey guys this is my rescued seat leon cupra, not a big talker so this might be short and sweet :D ok when i got the leon it was feeling sorry for its self, shocks well gone to the point the car struggled to get over the simple speed bumps and leaking like hell, all bushes, wishbones, driveshafts, track rod ends, drop links ect all split and gone, same with the hoses under the bonnet all split and leaking, the exhaust was a shambles looked someone just pieced different parts welded together :rofl: bonus was no oil leaks or gearbox ones :D car had only 2 owners first owner must have looked after it at some point in its life because there is a folder full of receipts and stamps in the history book right up until 2014, but nothing after that, shame :confused: and for some reason the original dv had holes drilled into it :confused::confused: why?

so heres the list what i have done, nothing major cosmetic because i thought i would get the mechanical stuff done first, get everything replaced or upgraded....

its had..
N249 Bypass
New Jom Bluelines (stuck with them since thats what was on the car)
SFS TIP
008 Forge DV
New Wishbones
Clutch and SMF
Cambelt, Pulleys and Water pump
Carbon Fibre Wrap Bonnet (bonnet was a mess, rusty holes and must have had some stuck on bonnet bra thing that came off and left the thick glue behind, had flies, rust ect all stuck to it, took ages to rub that off, fill the holes and just wrap it much better ;) )
Cone Filter (did have the smoothed air box with cotton green air filter, but i dont think it was pulling in enough air)
Toyosports FMIC (Bought one that i thought would go straight on, yes of course it did nightmare comes to mind)
Stage 2 Custom Map
Hockey Puck Replaced
Replaced mostly all hoses
Strutt tops front and rear replaced
New oil Fuchs Titan GT1, OEM oil filter and NGK BKR7E spark plugs
Boost Gauge
Short Shifter Mod
3" Stainless Steel Downpipe Decat with 2.5" Custom Stainless Steel exhaust
Bushes

just need to get wheels refurbed, engine bay tidy and sort some paint work

think i have everything, have some pics..

20160731_004332.jpg

FMIC on then we found out we needed to alter the piping to get it to fit and make up a new piece that did not come with this kit :cry:

20160730_211134.jpg

this piece right here, luckily i have a mate that can do this sort or custom work and is opening a new business to do things like these...

20160731_175450.jpg

bumper all back on, had to cut away a good bit of the bumper :whistle:

received_745271182282189.jpeg

old made up exhaust on the left, new one on the right

received_745271138948860.jpeg

20160919_151948.jpg

20160919_152006.jpg

20160919_152028.jpg

20160919_152157.jpg

20160919_152220.jpg

running a lot better now, next thing is to get a catch can and move the battery to the boot so i can get the cone to the front...

thats it...

cheers [B)]

hopefully aint made a tit of my self and this post :rofl:

Last edited:

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Good work there. Looks lime a tidy motor. My lcr was a little bit of a basket case but its slowly getting there. Nice to see someone else saving one. Keep us updated bud and no you didn't make a tit of yourself.

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
6Yeh getting there slowly myself, still a few niggle bits to fix and some body work stuff and then I will be happy

Don't know if I have a vacuum problem or not

This where it sits running

Don't if it's right or not, been reading other people on the tinternet they all sit around 20 ish, a bit miffed mines sits way down making me think something ain't right

Last edited:

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Is that at idle? Mine sits pretty much pinned to the needle rest at tick over and on over run. Could be your throttle gets a good seal when shut.

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
Awww man why do yah have to sell?? I have had to put a few jobs on hold just now with Christmas coming up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paul0988

May 31, 2016
Alloa, Central Scotland
Awww man why do yah have to sell?? I have had to put a few jobs on hold just now with Christmas coming up

well i'm back being a student again and because of an incident that happened in march this year and an open claim from my wifes old civic, they had decided to add on over a ton to the premium so ive had to cancel insurance within the 14 day period and thought sorn would be as well rather than it sit and cost me for not running it. insurance companies really bug me now through utmost greed [:@]

stevocupra

Jul 1, 2016
Will check what mine is at when I am back in it tomorrow. Mine fluctuates when driving at a steady speed until I nail it then it shows boost pressure. Where did you take the feed from? Mine is on the pipe between the n249 and the inlet manifold.

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
It's tapped into the hose from the top of the dv, don't if that's right or not, been like that since I've had it, when replaced the hoses I just kept it like that

Teuchter

Nov 6, 2015
Fife, Scotland
A little update to my leon, work taking all of my free time at the mo :blink: but was able to squeeze in a few jobs

20170318_131100.jpg

20170318_131049.jpg

20170318_142343.jpg

Heat shield and cold air induction fitted, along with a forge boost controller, heat shield made from a mate of mine that has his own custom fabrication and exhaust shop, same person done the exhaust

20170204_124021.jpg

20170204_124002.jpg

Finally got round to doing my wheels, done in matt black with drilled and grooved brake discs and also had a go at tinting my back windows, nightmare job

Few other things done underneath the car, but not interesting stuff :D few other things to get done and I think I will be almost happy, maybe :rofl:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise