My White MK3 Ibiza Cupra

dean66

Jun 23, 2012
Elgin Morayshire
So after owning my cupra for about 2 years I thought I'd finally start a RR.

I will try go back to the start and go through my build and post pictures and what I've done to car since owning it, which may take quite some time as I have done quite a lot

I'll start with spec as it sits today...

Engine

Stage 2+ Jabba Remap.
Ko3s turbo.
Bbt 10psi actuator.
Standard manifold (spare to be ported and fitted still).
Sfs supersize tip (custom made to order in red ).
Rtech pipercross filter and heatshield (still to modify heatshield to fit).
4 bar fpr.
3" ebay downpipe/decat.
Powerflow exhaust fitted but away to be changed for 2.5" supersprint cat back system.
Forge 008 dump valve.
Toyosports intercooler 600x300x76.
2.5" pipework.
Ko4 charge pipe.
Forge map sensor pipe.
Ash/sfs silicone hoses.
Oil catch can and pcv delete (to be fitted).
N249 bypassed.
N112 bypassed.
Sai removed with red blanking plate.
Aircon removed.
Carbon canister N80 removed.
Smaller washer bottle.

Transmission

Euro car parts VR6 clutch kit with single mass flywheel (managed to get for £70 still going strong ).
Tt shifter tower on gearbox.
Ebay short shifter kit.
Richbrook gearknob.
Heat wrapped gearcable.

Chassis

Seat sport strut brace.
Sparco 3 point lower strut brace.
Omp rear strut brace.
Powerflex fast road polybushed lower arms and drop links.
Rest of the car is Powerflex black series polybushed (front subframe, rear axel, steering rack, arb) still to get rear top mount ones.
Vibertechnics fast road rear engine mounts.
Solid front engine mount.
Raceland coilovers (need upgrading)

Brakes

Upgrades needed here, haven't got this far yet.
Hel red braided hoses front and back.

Wheels/Tyres

Team dynamics pro race 1.2 16x8 (matt black with red lip).
Toyo proxies T1rs 195/45/16.

Exterior

Full respray in white.
Black mirrors and door handles.
Colour coded bump strips.
Stubby aerial.
Fog lights removed
Carbon wrapped badges and pillars

Interior

Cobra daytona bucket seats in red.
Omp subframes.
Momo steering wheel.
Momo boss kit.
Nomad single pillar pod.
Psi boost gauge (getting changed for stack gauge).
Cupra r gauge holder (not fitted).
Fully stripped rear and centre plastics.
Cd player conversion in centre console (done professionally in spain).

Probably missed things which I'll add as I remember

Ecu came out of my mates cupra when he broke it and is just to get me by till I can make the long trip from north of scotland down to Rtech for mapping. It made 240+bhp and 307 lbs torque in his car with a lot of lower grade parts so my guess is its bit higher powered now due to better flowing parts .

PB quater mile stands at 13.7s at 105mph.
Hopefully reduce that time this year as had running issues last year.

A few pictures to give you and idea of how it stands today. A never ending project.....
2cc534fb688a7bb43bc8c382ae297043.jpg

5bdb44d4ce0391d03a2578a39bc044be.jpg

413bbb6d7703043e3d3cad366d97cf23.jpg

3d2e0c44c0ddfccb3bfcd98f5fd8947d.jpg

c4a9204d3714376c73962f6ba2bb69cd.jpg

751318ca9826b0d80305d9c0e796bc06.jpg

Last edited:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Some time over the next month. The block has been bored and rotating parts are back from being balanced so it just needs built now. Head is sitting waiting patiently in the man room :)

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Very nice. I like the daytonas, I have them too. I had the vibratechnics front engine mount but took it back to standard. Mines a diesel so the very most forward console (engine support bracket) securing bolt may have vibrated its' way out. This left pressure on the remaining two rear most bolts and this stress fractured the front engine bracket. Either that or the vibrations just plain broke the bracket. The diesel engine makes your eyeballs shake in your head when the car's on the idle and can get a bit irritating, once your moving it's fine. They completely eliminate the engine throw/knock though. I'd check your bolts just to be sure. Keep up the good work. :D Those mountains are magnificent.

Last edited:

dean66

Jun 23, 2012
Elgin Morayshire
Very nice. I like the daytonas, I have them too. I had the vibratechnics front engine mount but took it back to standard. Mines a diesel so the very most forward console (engine support bracket) securing bolt may have vibrated its' way out. This left pressure on the remaining two rear most bolts and this stress fractured the front engine bracket. Either that or the vibrations just plain broke the bracket. The diesel engine makes your eyeballs shake in your head when the car's on the idle and can get a bit irritating, once your moving it's fine. They completely eliminate the engine throw/knock though. I'd check your bolts just to be sure. Keep up the good work. :D Those mountains are magnificent.
Yeah love the seats very comfy. May change them for fixed back sometime though as car is now only used as weekend and track toy. Cheers for heads up on mounts will keep an eye on them.

Got many more pics from a wee road trip round the west coast of Scotland. Will keep more up when have some spare time.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Sorry but I forgot to ask you who made up your custom TIP. I've got an audi a6 1.8t with a K04 turbo going on to it and it had a K03 on it so needs a new TIP but there's not a standard one for it and may as well up grade anyway. Cheers.

dean66

Jun 23, 2012
Elgin Morayshire
Sorry but I forgot to ask you who made up your custom TIP. I've got an audi a6 1.8t with a K04 turbo going on to it and it had a K03 on it so needs a new TIP but there's not a standard one for it and may as well up grade anyway. Cheers.
Sfs made it. To be fair it the same as their other ko3 (s) TIP's just custom made in red as they don't sell them in red. Just email them and they might be able to help you out

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.