MY19 Cupra 290 Res Delete

What sounds better?

• With

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • Without

Votes: 39 63.9%

• Total voters

ALEXZ360

So I'm happy with the results from the vagsport pipe, haven't noticed any difference when driving the car but saying that I haven't given it full beans yet as I'm still only on 400 miles, but it gives a nice rasp and burble at around 3-4k rpm when static, all in all a good £150 with the fitting from progressive parts

Reactions: Damo H

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
So I'm happy with the results from the vagsport pipe, haven't noticed any difference when driving the car but saying that I haven't given it full beans yet as I'm still only on 400 miles, but it gives a nice rasp and burble at around 3-4k rpm when static, all in all a good £150 with the fitting from progressive parts
goo dstuff!

it took my car until around 4000 miles to really open up with some noise. i put the Res delete on around then

Reactions: ALEXZ360

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Hi there guys I currently have the newer Leon cupra with the gpf/copra , I can recommend a tdi tuning box which is the only mod I’ve done so far car goes like stink reason why I went for this is because it’s a lease and I have a service package so on and off job easy enough but I am considering a res delete would you recommend if my cars a lease with a service plan sorry for the essay

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Hi there guys I currently have the newer Leon cupra with the gpf/copra , I can recommend a tdi tuning box which is the only mod I’ve done so far car goes like stink reason why I went for this is because it’s a lease and I have a service package so on and off job easy enough but I am considering a res delete would you recommend if my cars a lease with a service plan sorry for the essay
Will be fine, exhaust isn't covered by warrenty anyways, just put it back in for the end of the lease but don't worry about the services etc, good the dtuk box is, I have one on my s4 and it made a huge difference

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Will be fine, exhaust isn't covered by warrenty anyways, just put it back in for the end of the lease but don't worry about the services etc, good the dtuk box is, I have one on my s4 and it made a huge difference
How do these boxes work with the various modes, comfort, sport, cupra.

Marko_33

Jan 28, 2020
Just installed a vagsport resonator delete on the 2019 cupra with GPF. The mechanic was impressed with the high quality of the pipe.
The sound is enhanced and deeper. A few more pops and bangs which are clearly louder. No motorway drone however some faint vibrations (not in a bad way) can be felt at higher speeds. They are more visceral if you know what I mean and I actually like them. The car is perfect in comfort mode, the sound is just deeper. Overall I am very pleased with the mod. A bargain for 150 euros.

Marko_33

Jan 28, 2020
Hey,

has anyone considered removing the back box on the 2019 Cupra hatch with GPF?
What are the benefits/drawbacks of removing the backbox compared to a resonator delete?

I am thinking of removing the backbox on my Cupra as well. I know that for Cupras without the GPF removing both is unbearable but the addition of the GPF might eliminate the excessive drone.

Here is a 2019 ST cupra with the backbox removed (however it does not have the centre resonator due to a different exhaust layout)

Your opinion is much appreciated!

Reactions: GordonMcC

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I am now removing my zaustowrx res delete after 12 months due to car being returned early as new car coming in June (unless delayed due to covid-19). happy to sell to a new home

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members